Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Enya 60X Question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Enya 60X Question

Old 11-10-2008, 03:20 PM
ramcharger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya 60X Question

I'm about to replace a Super Tigre 61S with a Enya 60X on my AAMCO Aeromaster. No real problems
with the ST. Someone gave me an Enya 60X and I test run it and was fairly impressed. It has a
pointer on the top of the carburater that can be moved to a (+) or (-) setting. I guess its some sort
of low speed adjustment. Anyone have any experience with this engine let me know.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
burnie1

Default RE: Enya 60X Question

G'day,
That should be a mid-range mixture adjustment. you should also have a needle valve for high speed mixture and a air bleed screw for idle mixture. I'm no expert but i think that this is correct.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 PM
ramcharger

You are correct about there being 3 adjustments. I didn't see the air bleed screw because of the
large spinner. Do you know if this is a strong engine? I got about 12,000 rpm with a 12x6 MAS
prop and 15% Cool Power fuel on a test stand. Is it as good as a ST 61S?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
burnie1

Hi,
I can't help with a comparison to a ST61s as I have never run one. I have my 60x on a UCD 46, with a 13x4w apc on 10% powermaster fuel and it will go straight up as long as you want. I have not put a tach on it but it certainly sings. If you do a search in the glow engine form for enya 60x you will find some info. I think it has plenty of power but I don't have any other 60 size 2strokes to compare it to. have a good one.
Andrew