Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

whats your favorite plane?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

whats your favorite plane?

Old 11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
jerseyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your favorite plane?

so i guess i'm still a little new the the hobby cause i just started flying this summer... i won a piece of crap a10, a parkzone t28, and a parkzone f4u corsair... i'm working on a eflite hawker sea fury for next spring... my favorite is my corsair right now... just a sweet plane, flies great, looks great... i'm also putting an eflite 480 motor in with an apc 11x8 prop this week...

the question is this: What is you're favorite rc plane regardless of type or build? and maybe is there a plane out there that you've wanted to get that you haven't gotten you're hands on yet.... should be real interesting to know everybodies interests are...
Old 11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: whats your favorite plane?

This is out of the realm of your experience but I've had several Ultra Stick planes of different sizes. They are good in the wind as well as calm. They are forgiving on approach and can do as tight snap rolls I've ever seen. I've always had four stroke glow engines on them
Old 11-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I was immediately hooked when I flew my Great Planes Venus II http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLHV1&P=0
Pattern planes are designed to fly perfect, or as close to perfect as possible; there are no scale factors to compensate for. I am eagerly looking forward to the opportunity to fly a full 2 meter pattern plane (the largest allowed in competition) as we all know bigger planes fly better. Right now the Venus is my favorite for planes I have actually flown.

If I had to choose one plane to own: Oxai Pinnacle http://centralhobbies.com/ARF/pinn01.html

I've got a 69" Yak 54 waiting to be built in the corner of my building room. It is a design from the works of Quique Somenzini and is a design that has been slightly modified from scale to better perform precision aerobatics. Here is a link to Quique's plane:
http://www.qqaircraft.com/planes.asp...&s_PLANE_CAT=b

When I started this hobby this spring, I thought I only wanted to be involved with scale planes. I especially thought pattern planes were strange looking, and didn't know why someone would want to fly something so 'not real' looking. But then I came to understand that they are engineered to be perfect flying machines, and they are in fact works of engineering art. I then went to a pattern meet and saw them fly. They fly with such accuracy and grace, and now I am hooked.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either my Tojeiro 140 or my Black MagicV2
Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My favorite plane is probably always the one I am working on..or just finished.. Right now its my Balsa USA fokker DVII... It doesn't have to do anything but look good on the ground and in the air to make me smile. However hour for hour fun flying ..its impossible to beat my glue covered Diablo blue foamie..its the stuff of legend and frequent abuse !
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For aerobatics (alone or with friends) my favorites are any of these : TR260, Extra, Laser or Giles 202. I've had several and each has been a delight to fly, stable in knife-edge and nimble in a maneuver, with suitable landing characteristics.

However, if there's a crowd, I like to pull out a big warbird. My Meister Corsair (100" wingspan) for instance, is surprisingly aerobatic, but will make a low pass at a walk. Seems like most of my friends will land and watch when I'm flying it, and it usually gets some nice comments.

Oddly enough, people also like to see a docile Cub lumbering back & forth. Mine's a 108" BUSA with a small (100 Saito) glow engine, and someone always comments on it. That interaction alone makes it sort of a favorite.

Just my 2¢ worth,
Dave Olson
Old 11-16-2008, 02:43 PM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: jerseyflyer
my favorite is my corsair right now... just a sweet plane, flies great, looks great... i'm also putting an eflite 480 motor in with an apc 11x8 prop this week...
I am 110% with on that Corsair. I was in love with the T-28 and thought it couldn't get much better... then I bought the Corsair. I love trying for perfect landings on the mains. They look so nice when you get it just right. Also a nice long, scale-like take-off roll looks great. I could do Cuban-8's, Imelmans, split-S's, 4-point rolls and other stuff with it all day long and never get bored.

As wonderful as the Corsair is though, it isn't quite my favorite. That would be my GP Super Skybolt. It looks gorgeous and is a blast to fly.

After a few flights on my TF P-51 though, it could become my new favorite. The term "flys like its on rails" is an understatement for this plane. Ground handling and landings are a bit tricky but that's to be expected with a warbird.

I also love my WM Rambler-45 and my GP Super Sportster .60.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Crash Campbell

Hi,

I have thought long and hard about this and have deciced my favourite is the one I'm currently building. Or is it . Maybe the next one I'm planning to build.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 11-16-2008, 03:50 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Sorta like havinf a lot of kids, everyone is a favorite. With the exception of one or two (out of too many to count), everyone of my planes has be a favorite. Just depends what I am in the mood to fly that day.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
saramos

I absolutely agree with Colin. Building is the part of the hobby I enjoy most. I'm a scale fan. WWII warbirds in particular. I'm currently working on a 1/6 scale F4U Corsair here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7335038

Scott
Old 11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I was allowed only one type of plane then it's the Extra, any of the model numbers, they are all Extras and fly about the same. My plane with the most hours on it has and will always be the old Bridi Kaos, just A nice plane to fly. The one with almost as many hours on it is the old HOTs design, I almost always have the Hots and Kaos with me at the field. When I was still flying the IMAA shows I mostly flew my scratch built Boeing F4B-2 Bipe or Tiger Moth, everyone loves to see A Bipe. I still have the Boeing on the wall just in case IMAA ever comes back to mt area. If you ever fly an Extra you will know why I like the design.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:54 PM
j.duncker

Anything that I am flying out at the field with some other flyers.

However if pushed here is my all time fav.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73908.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1073610  
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 AM
BillyGoat

My favorite is always the one that just crashed beyond repair.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
jerseyflyer

ORIGINAL: BillyGoat

My favorite is always the one that just crashed beyond repair.
hahaha... i can imagine...
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

My favorite Plane is the P-51 Mustang in any size. My 2nd is the P-40 Warhawk, and 3rd is the F4U Corsair. My favorite Bomber is the B-25J Mitchell. I have at least one of each.

Best Regards,
Flak
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

The original, the best: Sig Astro-Hog
Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 AM
perreback

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

If I was allowed only one type of plane then it's the Extra, any of the model numbers, they are all Extras and fly about the same.

Ditto - not that I've flown all the Extras, but the two I have are just so much fun.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 PM
jerseyflyer

ORIGINAL: Flak

My favorite Plane is the P-51 Mustang in any size. My 2nd is the P-40 Warhawk, and 3rd is the F4U Corsair. My favorite Bomber is the B-25J Mitchell. I have at least one of each.

Best Regards,
Flak
i really like the b25 although i don't own one yet... i don't know how long before i'm in the position to get one but they really look great...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: perreback

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

If I was allowed only one type of plane then it's the Extra, any of the model numbers, they are all Extras and fly about the same.

Ditto - not that I've flown all the Extras, but the two I have are just so much fun.
Me too. I LOVE an Extra. I've flown a 300, 300S, 300L and a 260. They are all stable and will do precision aerobatics just as good as any plane.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
bkdavy

My absolute favorite plane to fly (as of today) is the one I designed and stick built. I call it the S-3 because its the third in a series of designs that's evolved from what I originally called the SPLAT (Simple Plastic Lowwing Aerobatic Trainer). Anyway, this version weighed in about 7 lbs 4 oz, powered by a Magnum 91 four stroke. and crashed horrible July 4. The new improved version started covering today, and weighs in at 6 lbs 4 oz uncovered. I hope to maiden early spring.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro42010.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1081762  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Stick 40

I guess I am torn between the Great Planes Super Sprotster .60 ( this is the kit, don't know about the .40 arf) and just about any .40 size J3 cub. the Super sproster was my seconed plane and I have had one every sence. My third plane was the Goldberg .40 cub and I have had one every sence.

sticks
Old 12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
carlosponti

my favorite plane is the sig kommander. it was my second plane and was a blast to fly. my second favorite is a Das Ugly stick. spads are fun too.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Edwin

Rascal 110.
Edwin
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM
jetmech05

I have an Edge 540 with an OS 160...A P-47 with a Satio 180...a Pitts Python with a 50 CC gasser....an Ultimate Bipe with a 75 AX... an LT-40 with a OS .40 FX....I'm working on the Bobcat from Nitro models it'll have a OS .61 FX....They all fly differently...for different occasions....I have only sold one of my planes a heavily modified LT-40....I guess depending on my mood I like 'em all.....
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Jester241

BIG stick !!!!!!!!

If nuclear war broke out and only one plane was left.....it would be a big stick! With their great flying charactoristics,forgivingness,and high tolorance for customizing......Big stick will outlast cock roaches! A stick is like that only mediocre looking,only mindly fun girlfriend that would do anything for you but you never appreciated.......sure,it was great to go play with a nicer looking,funner one that gave you some special feeling,but afterwards looking back she was always the best thing for you and you miss her the most and wish you still had her. Thats a big stick!!!!

I still believe owning a big stick should be a requirement for joining the AMA too,lol.

LONG LIVE THE BIG STICK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.