Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fuel Tank Setup

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel Tank Setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:22 PM
aframe2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank Setup

I am going to use a Fuel Dot to fill my plane. I can't remember if I just run a separate line , or tee into the line that runs to the carbuerator. Do I have three separate lines running into the fuel tank itself? Does anyone have a picture? Thanks, Aframe2
Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Tank Setup

ORIGINAL: aframe2

I am going to use a Fuel Dot to fill my plane. I can't remember if I just run a separate line , or tee into the line that runs to the carbuerator. Do I have three separate lines running into the fuel tank itself? Does anyone have a picture? Thanks, Aframe2
Here you go.

You can put a second clunk on the fill line if you want. This will make it easier to pump the fuel back out of the tank at the end of the day.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30540.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1073846  
Old 11-17-2008, 03:59 PM
jay2000dakota

hey, I use a 3 line setup, 2 for the usual stuff and 1 one for the fuel dot. I'll try to explain how I do it that best I can. I bend brass tube in a C shape and position it so that the end inside the tank is as far to the front as possible. When the plane is tipped on its nose you will be able to drain the tank completely. I havent figured out how to upload pics , If you need one I can email you. let me know
Old 11-17-2008, 05:00 PM
aframe2

RCKen, thanks for the picture, just one more question. Have you ever heard of the second clunk interfering with the main clunk? Will they become entangled?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No, they should be fine. I don't think they can get tangled with each other. I've been using setups like this for quite a few years now and have never had any problems at all.

Ken
Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
aframe2

Jay2000, thanks for the info, I will try it. Do you put any fuel tubing on the end of the brass tube, or do you just leave it bare? Thanks, Aframe2
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
jetmech05

I put 2 clunks in the tank..1 for the pickup to the carb...1 for the fill line so I can de-fuel the tank
Old 11-18-2008, 12:05 PM
jay2000dakota

You dont need any tubing, After you get it all setup fill it with fuel and make sure it drains, keep in mind there will be a little bit of fuel left but it is about the same as anyother method. Then pressure test it and install it.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Garthwood

Jay.................you're using the same method that I have on my CG Ultimate 10-300 and UCD 3D .60. You are right the nose need to be tipped down when defueling. Works great for me too. Never had a problem, even with my Saito 100 inverted.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Garthwood

Like Jay I'm using the same method. I add a short piece of fuel tubing to the brass as it is much easier to adjust the depth, but you have to remember to tip the nose down when defueling.