Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sullivan Tank w/Aircore Colt 40

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sullivan Tank w/Aircore Colt 40

Old 05-30-2003, 05:10 AM
tomslick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sullivan Tank w/Aircore Colt 40

Got this Sullivan glow fuel tank with my Aircore Colt 40.
It's called a "Sullivan Seamless". On the back it says Pylon Brand RST-8. How do you put this thing together??? It only has 2 pieces for the stopper and some very small wire that came with it. The manual says to go to a hobby shop and ask. (great) I'm on my final few nights of assembly and don't have a trip planned to the hobby shop.
This has got to be the most complicated tank I have ever used.
Any help appreciated.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:59 PM
pinball-RCU

Personally, I hate the amount of work required with those tanks, but with the Aircore, you don't have any choice since it's the only tank that fits.

Here are some tips that might make things easier:

1. Don't worry about getting the vent tubing exactly up in the bubble. Just get it near the top of the tank, and out of the way of the clunk. Cut it at an angle so it can't get closed off by the top of the tank.

2. Throw away the tiny little wires. They're meant to be clamps for the tubing, but they'll just cut through the fuel tubing. If you're nervous about the tubing coming off the fittings, use little nylon zip ties.

3. You don't have to tighten the screw in the middle of the stopper very tight. Just snug it up. There's not much pressure inside the tank, so the stopper is not likely to leak.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:52 PM
tomslick

Default sullivan tank

As always, thanks for the help guys! Maybe I'll actually make it out to the field over the weekend. Oh no... here comes another storm!
Old 05-31-2003, 03:37 AM
tomslick

checked out the link which had a diagram and tossed out the wires. Works like a charm!!!