Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Matchbox Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Matchbox Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
David Wilksch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matchbox Problem

Hi Can anyone help

I have 2 jr servos plugged into a Matchbox to operate ailerons. However I cant get one of the servos to travel in the opposite direction .Have tried adjusting from the matchbox to no avail. Have unplugged the servo and plugged directly into a free channel and it works fine. Radio is a JR 388 . From memory had this problem before but cant remember how I fixed it before.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: ?

generally you mount aileron servos so that the servos either face each other or face away from each other....or so that servo arms are opposite of each other.....(both pointing in or both pointing away from each other)you can use a way a standard Y or an open channel......match boxes can be a problem....
Good Flyin to ya
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ?

Ailerons are usually tied together with a Y Harness. The aileron movement still depends on how the push rods are installed. As mentioned, they both need to be on the inside of the control horn or on the outside. Good Luck, Dave
Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Default RE: Matchbox Problem

David, The way the matchbox works you plug your servos in and dial the selector to # 1 or 2 to set the throws and then if you need to reverse one of the servos you set the dial to to either 5 or 6. 5 for the #1 servo or 6 for the # 2 servo. flip the switch and then be sure to dial the selector back to 0 before unplugging the battery or switching off, this saves the settings. I'm quoting this from memory so if this a little off maybe someone will correct me. Bill
Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM
The Ghost

Bill you were close, set the endpoints and centre up on the servo you want reversed on position #5 or #6

Get Instructions [link=http://www.modelflight.com.au/manuals/pdf/jr/JRPA900_Matchbox_instr.pdf]HERE[/link]

Cheers
Old 12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ARe these 2 servos in the same wing?? if yes, then the matchbox is fine (not sure why you would want to reverse one, but that is beside the point...) if it is just for one in each wing....
really no need for a matchbox at all....