Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Bed Slide

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Slide

Has anyone built a bed slide for there pickup truck to carry their planes. Thought it would be nice to be able to pull out your planes on a slide to get at them rather thern crawl into truck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks... Dick
Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Bed Slide

Plenty of people have. A simple one would be a plywood slide with PVC racks attached. There are lots of threads on the forum with pics of the racks.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The guy I fly with has a handle with a hook on it to bring the model stuff to the back of the truck bed
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

A guy at our club built a very nice one this past year, it even has ball bearing rolling guides. He is a true woodworker and does beautiful stuff, I'll see if I can find a picture.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Tango Juliet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently use a sheet of 3/4" ply cut to fit between the wheel wells and just long enough to get snug when the tail gate is up. I have large eye hooks set into it at regular intervals and use bungees over the landing gear to hold the fuselages in place, and a PVC rack for the wings. I have to lift the wood about 10-12" before sliding it, but it's not too bad. I would like something sturdier on rails, but this was quick and cheap for now.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: daven

A guy at our club built a very nice one this past year, it even has ball bearing rolling guides. He is a true woodworker and does beautiful stuff, I'll see if I can find a picture.
Daven

I would also be interested in his design,

Bob
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 AM
fhm555

I used to race r/c cars with a guy who had a slide made from aluminum extrusions used in the manufacture of floating docks. It had a set of folding legs on the front and he said it was mounted to a set of extra HD drawer slides. Even loaded with gear it was a single handed pull to get it out of the truck and the legs had short adjustable sections on the bottom to keep it level and fully supported on uneven ground. It took him longer to put up his EZ up than it did to have all his gear out of the truck and ready to use. I thought it was way cool for racing, but it turned out the guy was also a flyer and built it for his planes. He just dismounted the wing racks when he went car racing.