Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

little help on freqeuncy changing.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

little help on freqeuncy changing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:39 PM
ezflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default little help on freqeuncy changing.

i fly a 9c radio on channel 51 and my friend wants to learn to fly. i bought a trainer cord and when we hooked it up i could not get my radio to function on his plane. i have never used a trainer cord/budy box etc, i just crash until i learned how to fly but i have gotten good at rebuilding and bashing. heheheh. as i studied it a bit i realalized that we are not on the same channels and i felt real stupid.hehehe so my question is, can i change his radio from channel 14 72.070 to 51 72.810 if i have a duel conversion reciever in his plane. it is cheaper for me to buy new crystals for his than buying a new module for mine. if this wont work please lead me in the right direction to help him get in the air. thanks charles (ps) my radio is a 9c and his is conquest,both are futaba and fm.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: little help on freqeuncy changing.

His radio should be powered on. Your radio should be powered off. His radio is on the same frequency as the receiver (right?). Your radio functions as the buddy box and is held by the student. His crystal determines the transmit frequency. At least that is the way I do it when I instruct.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
TedMo

First of all it's illegal to change crystals in TX unless a licensed tech. As has been said by JPMac his radio is the master since it matches his planes RX. You should have no problem doing it that way. NOTE: Be sure when you get it operating that you check that all trims are set together so when switching from master to buddy none of controls change. To do this just switch from master to buddy on bench if any surface moves that surface trim setting must be adjusted.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:05 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just learned this yesterday at the field with my Daughters 7C...I knew you had to have the trainer function set to off...which is the only position other than INH which is inhibit...heres the part I WE learned...without a good buddy box and cord when you flip the trainer switch the menu will still say off...for the menu to say on when the trainer switch is held you must have a good cord and box hooked up.
It is correct that it is illeagle to change transmitter chrystals in the US
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

First understand that when a buddy cord is properly connected, the buddy box doesn't transmit, therefore it's irrelevent what channel its on. You can pull the module and it will work fine, its just got to be set up correctly.