Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Flying in a wildlife park

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Flying in a wildlife park

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
flying-is-my-valhalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying in a wildlife park

I fly at a wildlife park, over a field where theres no animals or anything, and i use the path for a runway. Ranger Rick (i dunno his name) some volunteer told me that people were complaining because my typhoon 2 was scaring away birds (which are AT LEAST 300 yards away) and it is an unsafe plane that could kill someone if something went wrong "". also i "might hit a bird". I CAN NOT find a list of regulations and rules about wildlife parks, but i asked at a park board meeting and im pretty sure they gave me the ol' A OK. but i need it in writing. Thoughts? ideas? OH also, when people dont look at the plane or dont like it, i go verticle and circle really high til they leave, if people do like it, and are watching it, i tend to give them a show
Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
flying-is-my-valhalla

Default RE: Flying in a wildlife park

this Ranger Rick is *****in at me and this kid walk up and asks me where i got the plane, just to spite Ol' Rick, i said from satan. I was arguing, informing, and flying, all at the same time. this hobby is always exciting. I'm almost done with my 1/4 CUB
Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Ram Jet

I'm afraid the we just have to put up with the anal retentive tree huggers of my generation - the baby boomers. It used to be "I'm OK, you're OK", "If it feels good do it", "Different strokes for different folks". They sure didn't mature with those philosophies. I don't believe there is a bird of flight alive that wouldn't avoid a model aircraft or couldn't out manuver a model aircraft. Your chances of collideing with a bird are less than your chances of getting hit by lightning. They just don't want you doing something they don't understand or do themselves. From my generation to yours, I apologize.

Bill
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Good Lord, where to start.

Nevermind.

You are blacking the eyes of all the rest of us flyers that respect rules and regulations not to mention safety.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Ram Jet

"Those that would give up personal freedom for a-little temporary safety deserve nither freedom or safety." Ben Franklin

Bill
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
flying-is-my-valhalla

Bill, your a homie, i like it. Robo, Bro, im flying styrofoam that weighs less then a pound, birds have attacked my planes before, they aren't scared by these things. It is one this to question my respect for rules and regulations but to question my safety?!? How dare you insinuate that i do not respect the rules and regulation of flight, flight is the only thing i feel comfortable with and i truly understand, then bible (t)humpers ("good lord") like you try to put rules on it. let the sky be free, and me be me! i looked it up, i am allowed to fly at the park, thanks for your help but i answered my question. The rules of AMA state that the plane flies over no one and that they stay behind a line of safety. I fly in between people and the line of safety is more like a huge blanket over everyone, its just about 7 feet above the ground. When people look scared or uninterested i maintain a 75 foot floor, and i maintain predictable flight, when people are fascinated (as usual) and want to see a show, i show them my toy, the way it is intended to be flown, in the air. The air is all around us, and i can make a typhoon straight dance, its more fun when you have to dance with it
Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
ppkk

I would have to go with Robotech on this one...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
stang
My Feedback: (1)

Parks are usually places to go to get away from the noise of engines. No wonder they are complaining. Why can't you fly at a regular r/c club field?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: flying-is-my-valhalla

this Ranger Rick is *****in at me and this kid walk up and asks me where i got the plane, just to spite Ol' Rick, i said from satan. I was arguing, informing, and flying, all at the same time. this hobby is always exciting. I'm almost done with my 1/4 CUB

Its attitudes such as this that is closing parks all over the country to us.

John
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John,

Couldn't agree more. Still it has been my experience that in the long run most people eventually get what they deserve and rarely what they want.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 PM
flying-is-my-valhalla

i can walk to this park in a minute or drive 25 to the plane field.
Bill, your a homie, i like it. Robo, Bro, im flying styrofoam that weighs less then a pound, birds have attacked my planes before, they aren't scared by these things. It is one this to question my respect for rules and regulations but to question my safety?!? How dare you insinuate that i do not respect the rules and regulation of flight, flight is the only thing i feel comfortable with and i truly understand, then tree huggers like you try to put rules on it. let the sky be free, and me be me! i looked it up, i am allowed to fly at the park, thanks for your help but i answered my question. . When people look scared or uninterested i maintain a 75 foot floor, and i maintain predictable flight, when people are fascinated (as usual) and want to see a show, i show them my toy, the way it is intended to be flown, in the air. The air is all around us, and i can make a typhoon straight dance, its more fun when you have to dance with it. I can fly, and i will. if you dont think i should, then tell me where to but the sky, who owns the sky to sell to me? do you own the sky? no so please take it a sit on it. i wanted help to get around this rule, not your tree hugging opinions, go tax tuna and give out free medicine you full blown canadians. all this get what i deserve garbage.. for what? for FLYING. For simply leaving the surface of this forsaken rock we call earth.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:32 PM
flying-is-my-valhalla

Its this conventional go with the flow attitude that restricts your ancient generation
Old 02-04-2009, 11:39 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All discussions on RCU need to be conducted in a calm, civil, and mature manner without attacking other members. I've had to step in to the thread twice in a short period of time as some individuals can't follow these directions. I'm closing down this thread.

Thread locked.

Ken