Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Airtronics TX recharge

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Airtronics TX recharge

Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics TX recharge

I use hitec and got a airtronics transmitter and the battery is low, can I use a futaba or hitec recharger to recharge this battery? I think it's obviously yes as a battery is a battery, but from past experience I kinda screw things up fairly easily and don't want to ruin the transmitter. thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airtronics TX recharge

. Flyhi I misread your post and this is the reply I should have wrote. Yes the Hitec and Futaba wall chargers have the same tx port polarity as the Airtronics but the Airtronics old style wall chargers (Black plugs) on the Rx side will have reversed polarity from the others. The current Airtronics Z plug wall chargers are the same polarity on the Receiver side.

The transmitter side plugs are a slightly different inside and outside diameters and you must make sure the light stays on.

John
Old 02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
crossman

Both of the Transmitters should use an 8 cell (9.6 volt) battery pack. Futaba, Airtronics and Hitec all use the same polarity at the charge jack, so you should be fine. JR is the only one that is wired the other way around.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

To charge your Airtronics transmitter, you can use your Hitec charger - but not your Futaba!

There are two types of charger connectors in use, the difference being the diameter of the inner pin. Airtronics/Hitec use a 2.1mm connector; Futaba's is 2.5mm. The latter will mate into the transmitter but will not always make solid contact, it is best not to trust it. Luck, Eloy
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks to all who replied, I will try hitec and make sure the light is on and will, of course, check the tx battery when done. bought the plane at a swap meet with airtronics stuff so i'm going to try that before i switch servos and rx to hitec. again, thanks for the quick replies.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

FYI the battery wires are reversed polarity on Airtronics radios, so if you take the battery out of the radio you have to be careful to get the polarity correct.