Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Question about Frequencies

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Question about Frequencies

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:04 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Frequencies

I have a question about a certain 72 frequency. One of the guys that recently came to the field has a foamie SR 71 (electric) that has a RX that has 72 and 8 on it. Well, there isn't a channel 8 but that's what it looks like it's supposed to be. Is there anyway to find out what frequency it might be on? ?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Question about Frequencies

If the tag, or the crystal case does not have the 72.xxx number I do not know how to find the frequency. According to the chart at Radiucal RC there is a fair chance that it is a Futaba AM crystal based on the tag.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42880.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1138172  
Old 02-17-2009, 06:31 PM
snurckle

Where was the 72 at? Ch 8 is typically a 50Mhz (Amateur Radio) freq. Is it possible the radio was a 72, with a 50Mhz module on it.

What color was the streamer on the radio? Black = Amateur Radio Gotta have a HAM License to operate it.

-KD5ECB
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Well, from what I remember it has 72 on it and an 8 and that's about all. I'll have to email the guy back and see if he found out any more about it. It looks to be a cheap chinese made product.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Mode One

When we had the original 6 72 Mhz frequenies, one of the 6 frequencies was on 72.08. It was flagged white and brown. If this is this the case here, I have no clue!

Receivers may not have frequency information on them; but, all transmitters should carry a sticker that states the channel number and the actual 72 Mhz frequency the transmitter operates on. These stickers on my Airtronics radios are light blue and white and state exactly what I've just said.

This fellow needs to determine if his transmitter is in compiance with current AMA and FCC requirments.