Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lead around antenna??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lead around antenna??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:34 PM
DrJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lead around antenna??

I just got through balancing my plane and I had to add an ounce of weight to balance it. The location where I had to add weight is really close to my rx antenna. I've read that you're not supposed to run your antenna close to metal, but does lead weight count?? Is this going to affect my plane at all?

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Old 06-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Stick Jammer

A little lead in one spot close to the Rx antenna shouldn't hurt a thing. If you're worried just do a range check with the Tx antenna collapsed, you should be able to get at least 100' away with no jitters. Range checks should be done often anyway, I check mine every trip to the field.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:07 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

I hope your weight is way in front or way in back. Normally, the antenna is in the middle, so it sounds strange it is near the weight. Should be no problem.

Tom