Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Gas tank size

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Valve floater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas tank size

I have a used plane with a DL-50cc engine on a Sun Dancer.
The tank in it now is a 650cc tank at 21.6 ounces; if i have that right. Too large? I am new to gas. I do re-fill on every flight. I am looking to save weight to add a sullivan smoke system.

1. What size tank is average for the 50cc engine.
2. I have a 16 oz Hayes tank at 480cc`s with a neoprene hose for gas but the nipples on the tank look smaller. p/n 146 slim tank. Will this be enough flow? It is new in bag.
3.The tygon in the tank was only about 4 months old and was stiff. What is the best tubing for gas inside the tank to prevent hardening as quick.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Gas tank size

ORIGINAL: Valve floater

I have a used plane with a DL-50cc engine on a Sun Dancer.
The tank in it now is a 650cc tank at 21.6 ounces; if i have that right. Too large? I am new to gas. I do re-fill on every flight. I am looking to save weight to add a sullivan smoke system.

1. What size tank is average for the 50cc engine.
2. I have a 16 oz Hayes tank at 480cc`s with a neoprene hose for gas but the nipples on the tank look smaller. p/n 146 slim tank. Will this be enough flow? It is new in bag.
3.The tygon in the tank was only about 4 months old and was stiff. What is the best tubing for gas inside the tank to prevent hardening as quick.
The 21.6 is more or less standard for a 50cc engine
16 oz will be OK but you will have to limit your flight times
Neoprene is standard for inside the tank but should be changed every year
Some brands of Tygon type tubing stay soft for several years. For those that get stiff right away, do not buy that brand again.