Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

im paiying to much?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

im paiying to much?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
costarican_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im paiying to much?

hey well i really look this as a good deal but im not sure....one guy from my local hobby club. is selling a tribute fx 3d e-flite ready to fligth missing just the reciver ! whit 2 extra lipo batteries and 4 micro futaba servos, the plane is in grade shape , the engine is 480. he was asking 150 but i lowered to 130! is a good deal ? should i buy it>?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: im paiying to much?

You can search Tower, etc for the individual pieces and add them up, them make a decision based on age, condition, etc and what your willing to live with.

For instance, a guy at our club was getting out of hobby... This is what I'm getting at the next meeting:

Balsa USA Bristol M-1 kit - built and very nice.... some very minor damage (kit is 80)
Williams Bros vintage wheels (29)
5 Jr Servos (20 each = 100)
JR receiver (50)
Battery (not sure of size, was in foam but who cares !!)
Relatively new OS 61, prop, tank (180 approx)

All for that paultry sum of $100 bucks. Is this a good deal, darn right it is!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
costarican_pilot

wow i will wait for the next fleamarket to get my fomie 3D to flight in front on my house. but my airfield sucks they never to nothing, events like twice per year... and they suck. i think the next flea market is going to be in november i cant wait that much!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year in September 2008, I was about to order the Top Flite Cessna 310 from Tower Hobbies........what stopped me was the almost $500 price of the ARF after the shipping fee is applied. Now Tower Hobbies has lowered the price to $379 and also Tower e-mailed me a $60 discount on orders over $300............so the potential total price before shipping is $329. That is a big difference from last year's full price of almost $500. I am a cheapo so I am still holding out........until somebody who needs an emergency cash put up their Top Flite Cessna 310 (built up already or still in the box) on sale here in one of the forums or on E-bay. My cheapo instinct tells me that with the recession.......somebody will be hard up on cash and will sell...........perhaps for $250 shipped total.......maybe with engines included.....or with servos included. Who knows........with the hard economic times.........time is on the buyer's favor..............the longer you wait the better the opportunity for a good deal. It is a hardnosed way to buy.......but I am a cheapo. Hope I did not offend anybody.......my apologies in advance if I did.
larry
Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
costarican_pilot

no its ok.. i just cant wait more for a 3d plane.. im bored of the normal fying ... rolls. spins.. invert loops invert flights.. i whant something like hover rolls! flat spins i think i willt take his deal 2mr.....