Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

plans for shoestring racer

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

plans for shoestring racer

Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
seniorspud
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plans for shoestring racer

HI, IAM LOOKING FOR SOME PLANS FOR A SHOESTRING RACER 60 TO SCRATCH BUILD THANK'S CHICK.

E-MAIL [email protected]

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 PM
luning1

Default RE: plans for shoestring racer

did you try myunclewillies.com
Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to go the kit route, top notch model products makes an exellent 60 size Shoestring. I'm in the middle of the build right now. http://www.topnotchkits.com/index_files/TN_Kit5.htm
Old 05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
kdc

If a semi scale model is of interest then Peter Millers 'Bootlace' plan from the Jan 2004 RCME should still be avail from MyHobbystore.com in England. It is a slimmed down Shoestring and 56 inch span for 40 to 60 2 strokes.
Plan No is RC2026 Mag1526 price for the plan is 9.95 pounds. However you might still be able to get the Jan 2004 magazine with free plan which is only 3.80 pounds plus postage, so it is worth asking them.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
reincarnate

You'll like it Deadeye. I had the build thread in the Kit Building Forum. I've got 12 flights on it now, and it is such a great flyer, with absolutley no bad tendancies. My only problem is i have it propped for speed, and I almost have to dead stick it to slow it down to land.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz-kScpcDrs&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM
kdc

Having examined the photos on the Shoestring build thread I reckon the Bootlace design looks just as realistic except for the cowl which has no side cheeks. Obviously these could be added if required as it is a balsa cowl.
Peter Miller the designer of the Bootlace states in the article that this is the easiest model to knife edge.

Maybe I will build one myself................
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As Irecall there are plans for the string in Model Airplane News Plans.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: reincarnate

You'll like it Deadeye. I had the build thread in the Kit Building Forum. I've got 12 flights on it now, and it is such a great flyer, with absolutley no bad tendancies. My only problem is i have it propped for speed, and I almost have to dead stick it to slow it down to land.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz-kScpcDrs&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

I know you do. I read that thread from start to finish before I dug in. Some rather unconventional building, like the wing spars, but a very well engineered kit. Not for a beginner, that's for sure. Lot's of 'fill in the blanks' type of stuff a newbie would miss. Going with a Saito 125 on mine, probably inverted.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
reincarnate

Going with a Saito 125 on mine, probably inverted.
Ooooohh! Excellent choice. Fair warning though...fitting the cowl will take a fair amount of imagination, if you want to keep it neat. I ended up going with a split cowl (at the valve covers) and plan on redoing mine this winter.

edit...sorry Spud, didn't mean to highjack your thread. Ummm....I vote for the TNPC too.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
planes8
My Feedback: (3)

the top notch kit was just outstanding flys great my third shoestring build, i built my very firist one from carl goldberg then great planes and top notch the guy made big strides wow what a great flyer, i skipped the lesson of keep it in the .91 fourstroke and went with the evolution 1.0 my goodness fast fast and didnt loose any energy in the corners, i didnt fly it in anyraces in wisconsin but really fast i am looking at building a scale 41% shoestring now anyone have plans or ideas let me know. thanks