Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fueling Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fueling Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling Questions

hey guys i was wondering how the Easy Fueler Fuel Filler Valve works here is a link to what i am talking about.[link=http://greatplanes.com/accys/gpmq4101.html]Here[/link]
Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fueling Questions

I personally do not like them and I know many others don;t either. They tend to eaither leak fuel or suck air. Some people have had good luck though.

I prefer a plain old fuel dot. Simple and cheap.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
redfox435cat

it's a bypass valve.

you put it between the carb and the fuel tank. Normally the valve is open, fuel flows through it from the tank to the carb. It comes with a probe you hook to your fuel pump. When you put the probe in it closes flow to the carb and opens flow to the tank so you can fuel up or defuel the plane and no fuel come out the carb. They work ok. When they get old 3-4 yrs they can get stiff.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Most are problamatical sooner if not later. The very first problem is the need to use the special nozzle on your fueler. You will understand the first time it gets lost or you brought the wrong can and pump then trying to go looking and borrow one. Next at some point you will have mysterious engine running problems when dirt gets in the valve and this tends to get overlooked causing no end of frustration.

There are very easy ways to eliminate the expensive and pointless fueling valve even with cowling. Many use filling dots but I don,t even do that and just use two line systems on virtually everything even with cowlings and that provides me effortless fueling as well as the ability to pinch tune the two strokes.

John
Old 06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
RICMOD5634

Three out of four that I have used, started sucking air within a year. There is know cover for them and they collect dirt. You will need to clean them by squirting fuel on it before refueling or useing something else. Go with a fuel Dot. JMHO
Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 AM
jetmech05

fuel dot is simple and won't suck air.....