Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Oiler expert for 12 to 15 os and saito engines

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Oiler expert for 12 to 15 os and saito engines

Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oiler expert for 12 to 15 os and saito engines

well it could be 15 to 20 , and i have let them set to long the carbs to ALL of them are stuck, some open some half way and closed. Is there any fuel disolver or something to free the gummy mess oiled all thru the plug but the carbs are stuck, Iam afraid to force the carbs for fear or damaged,went to wal-mart and got cans of lps and gun oil and sprayed them all still stuck, BOY did i mess up, chime in if you can help thanks in advance frank loser 99 they might be gone os91 os 1.2 saito 1.2 satio 1.5 saito 100 os .46 os .61 os 1.6 saito .56 os .55 os .25 and on and on this is not good thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Oiler expert for 12 to 15 os and saito engines

You might try some glow fuel. After all, it is castor oil that is gumming them up and that oil is dissolved in the fuel. I'd even consider submerging them in fuel for a while. I've also bought a few older engines and freed them up with automotive carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner. Just be careful with some of that stuff since it could possibly damage some o-rings. If I resort to that I am usually replacing the o-rings and gaskets anyhow so it is no big deal.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 AM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

yep old fuel will get them unstuck.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to heat them up with a heat gun . Use gloves so not to burn yourself . They will come loose then . Works for me every time . Max H.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

air heat gun or flame fire, ready to cook the whole mess, need a teacher on how to take care of engines,oil when done,or use them more thanks frank
Old 07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
crossman

If you heat them, use the Heat gun, not a flame. I have had good luck soaking stuck carbs in brake cleaner. It worked on the one that was really gummed up. Just spray some into a cantainer (preferably glass) large enough to hold the carn and spray in the cleaner until it's covered leave it in for an hour or two and then gently try to move the barrel. If it doesn't move give it some more time. If you cover the jar, open it carefully, the cleaner evaporates and creates a little pressure in the jar.