Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sig where are you?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig where are you?

Whats going on with Sig Mfg? Are they going out of business? I was going to get a Sig Kadet Senior,,,but looks like there are gone. Is there anything on the market that sells anything like it,,with the 80" wingspan?

anybody know?TAZZZZ[sm=71_71.gif]
Old 08-02-2009, 01:26 PM
ppkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig where are you?

SIG sells their products through distribution as well as directly. When you say you tried to order and they are all gone, do you mean through a certain distributor (e.g. Tower)? If so, you may consider that you are only looking at one outlet, which may simply means that that distributor is either out of stock or no longer carrying that product. It doesn't necessarily mean the manufacturer is going out of business.

I looked at two places and they are available:

http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...7&cat=0&page=1

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV4.html?E+Sig
Old 08-02-2009, 04:41 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It appears the Sig and Tower Hobbies are not playing along together. There is a thread on just this subject in one of the other forums here on RCU. Sig is very much in business and as mentioned, there kits are available by going direct or finding another mail order house on the net. You may want to also consult with your local hobby shop, they may be able to help you. Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have always heard dealing direct with SIG costs the same as other dealers..that would mean that without a middleman it would keep business healthier for SIG..so thats not bad. I imagine when it comes to ARFs Sig probably has a lag time between orders since they don't build them. My family is from down near there..sure wish I could have been a little involved working there as a kid.. would have been kinda fun I think.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 PM
ramboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tazzzz

Whats going on with Sig Mfg? Are they going out of business? I was going to get a Sig Kadet Senior,,,but looks like there are gone. Is there anything on the market that sells anything like it,,with the 80'' wingspan?

anybody know?TAZZZZ[sm=71_71.gif]

The World Models Super Frontier is a knockoff of the Kadet Senior.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 AM
MikeL@Sig

Email me and I can send you a list of dealers that have the Kadet Senior ARF in stock.

[email protected]
Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Showtime100

I just bought a Sig 1/5 Cub kit from a LHS when Tower didn't have it in stock. I got it in a few days. I also ordered Koverall and and related supplies directly from Sig and received prompt service and delivery. I don't think Sig is the issue here.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Mode One

It wouldn't be surprising if Tower dropped the SIG line; or, SIG decided to quite Tower as a distributor. Tower/Great Planes/Hobbico now own how many competing model airplane manufacturers?