Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery load

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 AM
mswify

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery load

Dears,
I'm using two batteries for my 27% extra 330, one is a NiCad 6v for the ignition and the other is Li-Ion 2s 7.4v for the reciever, I need to know when do I have to recharge the betteries? I mean I use a load tester, for example on 1amp load what is the minimum limit that I should charge the batteries before flying?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery load

Most ignition system I know of require 4.8 V.....are you sure you're ok using 6 V on ignition? I always charge overnight before I fly the next morning.....get yourself a good charger that can shutoff, monitor, and balance batteries...The turnigy charger from Hobby King is ok cost US $39. shipping took it to 50....
Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Battery load

ORIGINAL: mswify

Dears,
I'm using two batteries for my 27% extra 330, one is a NiCad 6v for the ignition and the other is Li-Ion 2s 7.4v for the reciever, I need to know when do I have to recharge the betteries? I mean I use a load tester, for example on 1amp load what is the minimum limit that I should charge the batteries before flying?

Use 4.8V for the ignition.

You can use a 1 amp load on the flight battery. You can fly it down to about 7.2V before it needs to be recharged. Remember, li-ion batteries hold a charge very well, but once they drop below the nominal voltage they will fall off VERY RAPIDLY. Thats why I say to only fly until the battery reaches 7.2V. Anything under that is taking a HUGE risk.

If the battery tester indicates 7.2V under a 1 amp load, I would stop and go home to recharge.