Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Limited servo movement on new Aerobird 3 with video.

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Limited servo movement on new Aerobird 3 with video.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:03 AM
sonicd0012
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited servo movement on new Aerobird 3 with video.

Please click here to see video explanation of the servo problem > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Cv2oI0Qe8

Hello, I have just recently purchased the Aerobird 3 to find out that the servos barely move ( about 4-5 mm in and out), not enough to control the plane what so ever.
I have taken out the circuit board and checked everything out, everything seemed to look just fine. So i fiddled with the servo connectors and moved them around to the other pins, but with no luck, the servo movement was still the same.
Then i took off the little black plastic pin which fits between the metal pins and the servos moved properly, but not in the correct positions. Move the stick up, the right wing goes up, stick down, the left wing goes down. Move stick to left, right wing down, left left wing up. Completely incorrect.

I would like to know if anyone has any idea why the servos move very little and how to fix that issue. I know there is nothing stuck in there etc for them to catch on nothing, they just simply dont want to fully extend!

Thank you !
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Limited servo movement on new Aerobird 3 with video.

I have run into that problem when I was setting up a plane when I discovered I had at some point set up another plane in my radio in that same plane number, plane number 8, I can program in 14 planes. Anyway, I just had to reset my radio to factory defaults and all was well. Just a thought.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
sonicd0012

This is my first plane. The aerobird is brand new out of the box. How can i reset the controller?Are you sure its the issue with the controller? Any other thoughts?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These planes have limited control to make it impossible to over-control. I dont have experience with that model, but I flew a friends similar plane and it is not very manoverable compared to a regular rc plane; its to keep beginners with no help from crashing.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:30 PM
TedMo

This may not be any help since I know nothing about that plane or radio you are useing. However, to my knowledge you should be able to locate the pushrods on the servo arms as well as on the control horns to provide more throw. Connect pushrod on hole furthest out on servo arm and closest hole in on horn that will provide more throw.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
sonicd0012

Hello, that does not do anything. I have noticed that the plastic piece that sits in betwen the pins is what limits my range, but when its taken out, the control is completely wrong
Old 08-29-2009, 11:11 PM
TFF

Can you take pictures?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 AM
sonicd0012

I made a video of it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Cv2oI0Qe8