Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stuck aileron

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:16 AM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck aileron

I've got a problem, that I can't seem to figure out...probably becasue i've only been in the hobby or a few months. Here it is:

The right aileron on my new Parkzone T-28D Torjan is stuck in the up position. I have no idea why, and I can't figure out how to get it to move again. The left aileron moves just fine. I was flying this afternoon and had no problems with it. I'm supposed to meet up with a friend of mine tomorrow morning to do some flying but if I can't figure this out i don' t think that's going to happen. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 AM
sharkeyauau

Default RE: Stuck aileron

are they run off the same servo if so check the rods are connected properly and tight or if you have seperate servos make sure they are plugged in properly to the receiver or you could have bumped the trim on your remote?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30 AM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

The rods are fine and they use seperate servos. I can manipulate the aileron by hand but as soon as I spug it back in to the reciever or turn my transmitter on it moves up slightly. If I move the stick to a "right turn" the aileron pushes up but then won't come back to neutral. So when I "turn left" both left and right ailerons are up. I can only imagine the flight pattern that would do if i had it in the air.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:40 AM
sharkeyauau

i have a mustang and if i dont fold and place my wires inside  out the way the servo gets stuck on them and my landing gear wont open or maybe the gear is stripped in the servo that would suck if it is the case, new servo
Old 09-19-2009, 12:41 AM
sharkeyauau

is the arm on the servo in the middle when the power is on if not unscrew it and put it strait
Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offhand I would say you stripped some gears in servo. If you have another servo plug it in where the faulty one is and see what happens. If no other servo just reverse wires from one working to one not working temporarily. process of elemination usually helps finding problems.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have trim dialed in?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RCU policy asks that you post a questions in only one forum.

Since the OP has asked this question elsewhere, I am closing this one. Sorry.