Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

oops, 75mhz

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
anch0402

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oops, 75mhz

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and to RC and of course, I havehundreds of questions. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to solve my radio system woes, any help is appreciated.

I was putting together my first trainer and found a cheap deal on a Futaba Skysport 4 on ebay, so I grabbed it. When I took it out of the box I found out why it was such a good deal...75 MHZ SURFACEVEHICLESONLY! Is there anything I can do to change the system to 72MHZ or is this just doomed to sit in a box in my closet for eternity?

Thanks

Chad
Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: oops, 75mhz

I'm afraid you're doomed Chad. What part of MN are you in?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy a car or boat. Sense the 2.4 has been replacing 72 the price of both new and used radio equipment has gone way down. I have seen very nice Futaba 9-C radios going for as little as $100.00 bucks with some RXs tossed into the deal. I have one friend that has his JR 10ch for sale too with a few RXs but it's also due to be sent in for a check up and cleaning or I would buy it too. The prices of new 72s is pretty low these days depending on what you are looking for. I was flying with a guy yesterday that converted his 9-C into 2.4 and is using JR RXs. They are great radios even if you have to convert it's worth it.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
anch0402

I'm originally from Marshall and I flew with the Marshall RCers for a while but never soloed. Now I live in Woodbury and I'm trying to get back into it. I havn't hooked up with any clubs around here yet though. I guess I'll just have to try to resell this system and get a different one. I think I may just go with 2.4. Before I bought this system I had never even heard about it.The moreI find outthe better it sounds, especially for the larger clubs here in the twin cities.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's a great club in the Woodbury area.

Try Hobby Warehouse on Chicago Ave in Richfield for the best prices in the state.
And yes, go with a 2.4 system - preferable Futaba
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would liek to welcome you also, I would say buy Futaba, if you can afford it, otherwise buy a Hitec or Airotronics, their 8 channel is a great deal and a pretty good radio. I would also say come to the Auction in a few months, Feb 6th, I believe, more info at www.tcrconline.com

Jon
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

There's a great club in the Woodbury area.

Try Hobby Warehouse on Chicago Ave in Richfield for the best prices in the state.
Equally good - and closer - Big Sky Hobby in Eagan.

Some of the guys that Tom has working for him at HW don't impress me much.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You would do well to spend some time with a trainer at your club. It helps as a newcomer to use the equipment that your teacher is used to. Sometimes good stuff comes up used too, and knowing a well-connected guy at the club is helpful there. I shy away from Ebay for radios, simply because that's where guys dump their stuff that isn't working right.