Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Thread Direction (LH or RH) on Ball Links ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Thread Direction (LH or RH) on Ball Links ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thread Direction (LH or RH) on Ball Links ?

I am not sure which thread direction to order when I order the aluminim ball link connectors .... LH or RH ? I will be using them with the H9 Titanium Rods that have LH threads on one end and RH threads on the other end. I believe I need both a RH threaded connector and a LH threaded connector (for each rod) ...... Thanks. Bob
Old 12-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Thread Direction (LH or RH) on Ball Links ?

Hi Bob, John Palica here. You are correct in your LH RH threaded connectors. A word of caution. Make sure the ball links or clevis's are secured so they will not be free to turn. I like to permanently secure one link to the push rod and leave the other end adjustable. In your case you can't solder to titanium so I would secure one end with JB Weld. That way if a connector gets loose the push rod cannot rotate and change your trim.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Thanks John. These are for the F-22 (as recommended in the manual). Did you use these as well ? Bob
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I did Bob, I ordered all the ball links and push rods shortly after I got the kit. My F-22 is all painted finally. I got the decals from Taylor Made Decals and will be preping the plane to apply the decals. Ralle (from Taylor Made) told me that the surface must be glossy before I apply the decals otherwise I will get air under the decals. I used PPG base coat and will spray PPG Flexed and Flat as my final coat of finish. I also got a new R-54 that I'm building so I have lots of irons in the fire. My plan is to have both ready for the summers jet rally's.