Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Everyone has problems with the wife

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Everyone has problems with the wife

Old 01-11-2010, 04:16 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everyone has problems with the wife

well, like i said, she puts up with all my activities, and faults. we both work hard for our money,  but this is something i want to do.  even if  i decide i dont want to do it anymore, (doubt that though!) i can sell the stuff and get a chunk of the money i spent back. i wanted to pay for this with sidework money, but its slow right now. anyone need car work done for plane parts?!? lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tlojak38
anyone need car work done for plane parts?!? lol.
No but I'll trade the wife's cat for an OS .81-FSa
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

lol. we dont need another pet. got plenty now!  just need the plane parts.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
airborne2.4

Well guys, I just gave her a gift so you know what I'll be getting for myself. Notice how I said I'll be getting for myself!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
PDuck

Guys,
I Feel LUCKY. My wife not only accepts my hobby but has given me most of my planes. When you have a keeper, KEEP HER.

PDuck
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

My ex wife was cool about my RC stuff. I gave her the "I could always pick up another old hobby, like going drinking with the boys" She then asked me which color truck I wanted before she bought it. She was also cool with my going back to planes after a hiatus, as she knows my family history is heavily involved with aviation and supported me. When I found a 66 mustang to mess with and restore, she was cool with that. When my bud came by on his new Electra Glide and took her for a ride, she actually asked if we could afford one so we could take trips together.

When I wanted to get "a little" she was hardly ever interested! Well, I'm happy to say that now I can enjoy my RC stuff, my classic car, and my Harley and the house to put them in. My best hobby investment was buying her out in the divorce. I kept it all and lost nothing really as we are still friends! Just lucky I guess....
Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

My wife is very good about my hobby. Right now though I am trying to convince her to buy me an engine for my new GP Shoestring. I'm telling her that since my birthday is in early March, she can just get me the engine now as an early gift. She's not going for it. Last time I brought it up she mentioned that she already had a ''thoughtful'' birthday gift picked out for me. That means I won't like it.[&o]

I guess I will have to buy my own engine and pretend to like whatever she ends up giving me.

I got a "thoughtful gift" once from my wife on my birthday...........6 gallons of interior latex paint for the house. She just didn't understand why I was not excited about it????> She was so butt hurt. About 5 years after that I gave her the house and I got my two kids and we went our own ways. Boy did I get the better end of that deal. Now no wife to hassel me when I'm building!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
LunaSea

Mine is really GOOD, probably a lot better than I deserve... Only conflicts regarding planes have to do with taking over the dining room table for a couple months for a frame-up (seems like a reasonable complaint, really, especially when she has a dinner party invited over), storage place for planes and plane "stuff" and my other hobby "stuff" (have one bedroom FULL and a 10x30 storage facility FULL, encroaching into another bedroom for the built ones and "works in progress", so maybe somewhat reasonable), how much I spend on hobby "stuff" (some years has been well over $10,000 so maybe reasonable). Considering I have not actually FLOWN one in about 3 years (I like building and "having" them more than flying)... But, even at that, she stays pretty level-headed about it, gets in her snipes then leaves it alone for a while... Never a SERIOUS conflict in over 30 years...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 AM
expo
My Feedback: (20)

Whenever my wife complains about money I have invested in the hobby I ask her for a handful of singles so I can fill garters at the local gentleman's club.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 AM
airborne2.4

Flying is no problem now guys! and we are making plans to build a house and she'd rather us build near a golf course so I wouldn't have to drive to far for me to enjoy my hobby