Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

saito 72 4c open or closed

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

saito 72 4c open or closed

Old 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saito 72 4c open or closed

Cant see carb bottom, but can the carb arm move , Which way is open or closed when you push the stick on the radio???? thanks frank
Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: saito 72 4c open or closed

That will depend on which way the carb is installed and the arm is oriented. It's best to have the cowl off so you can see everything when setting up. If it is still not visible, try a little dental mirror or something.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can also use a thin piece of wire bent so you can get it inside the carb, I use dental wire and it comes in different thickness so I can even set my low end without seeing it. Just fit it in aND FEEL WHAT WAY IS OPEN AND CLOSED.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
frank99

you guys are pros ,thanks a million, sig plane and sealed up, to lazy to remove all the stuff off to the shop and give it a try frank
Old 01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rotate the throttle arm and you'll notice it moves in and out .Farthest out ,is wide open. closes in is closed. This way you dont have to look down the carb
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
frank99

found a saito expert, forward opens and back to close, flying monday heck or high water , where i mess up with this feasco is i had two sig programs on the futaba 10 c radio all worked but you guessed it the carb rotation. removed the second program and good to go thanks to alllllllllllllllllll frank
Old 01-10-2010, 07:32 PM
delman

Insanemoondoggie has the best suggestion unless you have a small mirror to look in the carb.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

Rotate the throttle arm and you'll notice it moves in and out . Farthest out ,is wide open. closes in is closed. This way you dont have to look down the carb
This is correct, what doggie is saying. I have several planes that have the engines in too tight to see anything so I just set my trim at center and use the wire and EPA so I know how far opened it is for the first start up when at idle so I can trim it up or down as needed, just a starting point but it does tell me when it is open or closed and how far. Like Chuck mentioned, if you rotated your carb forward and back changes. If you have moved it, watch it like mentioned.