Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Is anyone flying a velocity -looks like a long easy

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Is anyone flying a velocity -looks like a long easy

Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 PM
rcgoodtimes
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone flying a velocity -looks like a long easy

I was wondering if anyone is now or has had a velocity by Kondor models ?? I recently aquired one and I have a few questions . I read that it might not be too good to use a four stroke because of the weight and you may have to add weight to the front if you use a four stroke . I was also wondering why this is a model not often seen ? Is it a flying brick?? I think it is pretty cool looking and I am going to see what it flies like as soon as I fix a few of its issues ..
Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
TFF

Default RE: Is anyone flying a velocity -looks like a long easy

I think if you understand canards you can make it work fine. I know CG is very important with a canard; if not exact it will be a mess to fly. The visual cues are different as the plane flies from a standard plane.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

I have one of the original EAM Velocity models before he sold to KMP.

It's still in the box (I work in Alaska and the box is in California)

I also bought the firewall aft kit... I think it's a Rossi .90. I don't remember as I bought it all back in 2005 and haven't touched it since then.

I'll be watching this thread for your progress so if any problems pop up, I can learn from yours. Sorry...

The EAM website used to have a video of the Velocity in flight. Looked like it was pretty sweet. They did increase the canard area and strengthened it up a bit after the flight testing.

Don
Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 PM
rcgoodtimes
My Feedback: (5)

Yes this is an EAM model as well ,I didn't get any information with it as someone had put it together and never flew it . I am in the process of going through it and fixing what I sould consider things not worth chancing .. It has an O.S. 120 four cycle on it but I thing I want to put a .120 2cycle glow for some real speed .. It should be interesting ..I am going to fly it soon even if I try it with the four stroke IF I can get the C.G set so it looks like it will fly and not just flip over Pretty cool looking bird in my opinion but it needs some color on it so I can tell the top from the bottom . And because it looks too plain as is..
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 PM
hattend

You mention a 1.20 2 stroke. I'm starting to think that is what is in the firewall back kit. Did Rossi make a 1.2? Heck, now I'm really confused. I'll be back down in CA in April, I'll have to take a look.

If you still need info at that time (mid April) I'll be able to look in my kit and help you out.

Don
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
hattend

BTW: I found my old thread from 2004-05

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15...tm.htm#2775563

Post #22

I have the firewall back kit with a Webra Speed 1.2

Also, you can see that I was discussing putting in a Jett 1.2 with a reverse crank so I can use normal props in this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...tm.htm#3117938

Glad I found both threads..

Don