Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

A couple lipo questions

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A couple lipo questions

Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple lipo questions

I am having some troubles with a few of my lipos.

1) turnigy 5000 3s purchased less than a year ago, only hooked it up to test a motor for a minute or so....... has 2 cells at 2v and one cell at 5.25v?????? I have not even charged this bat so how did I end up with a cell at that high of voltage and 2 discharged to the point that it is trash. Is it possible for the cell to drain the other 2?

2) turnigy 4000 3s purchased at the same time.....#1 cell will not balance (3.93v) cells 2+3 are at 4.19

I have other zippy/ turnigy packs and they are ok so what is the deal here? Bad packs from the start? Anyone else experience this with this brand?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
The Ghost

Default RE: A couple lipo questions

The club members and myself have over 200 of these batteries between us, There have been a couple of batteries that had bad cell after a few flights and I had one where the balance plug wiring was not soldered to the battery on one cell so the balance could not read it. One club member even has 8 5000mah 5cell packs that are very puffy(happened with first charge) but still work like a new battery, may be just a bad battery, it does happen. Now there will be people say it should never happen, but with the turn over of batterys that they sell there will be a few bad ones that get throuhg, it even happens with very expensive cells as well. It happened with me, paid over $400AUD for 6cell 5000mah batteries and they only lasted 4 flights before they died, lost capacity. I have now used the Zippy/Turnigy/Flightmax batteries for nearly 3 years now(over 300+ flights on one model, and 500+ on another Recorded at 9min flights) and only had the the failures above.

Cheers
Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: A couple lipo questions

Well Im glad to know its not just me.......