Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Andrews aeromaster Too

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Andrews aeromaster Too

Old 03-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Aug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews aeromaster Too

I have an old, original Andrews Aeromaster Too. It is covered with silk and dope and the skin needs to be removed and replaced. While doing that the glue joints also need to be checked and reinforced if necessary. I have no idea what I should ask for this model when I sell it. I'm afraid to ask too much or too little. Would some one please give me a ball park estimate as to what this bare airframe plane is worth? High or low parameters. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51439.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1395215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68705.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1395216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69884.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1395217  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:11 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Andrews aeromaster Too

I'm just guessing here, but I think it would be worth more with the original covering - even if it needs repairs.

You don't see many silk and dope jobs anymore
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Aug

Yes, I understand but it is very brittle and easily damaged.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As is with engine, I would say $100-200. No engine $25-75. Its a pretty plane I would save the silk. Some dope rejuvinator may help it.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Aug

OK thanks. If that's all I could get for it I may as well keep it.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Live Wire

Now if you wanted to by it See what these same people would price it at I have one of the old planes and you can not get what you have in it for material. ( one of the first kit styles)
Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
CWDoherty

kits go for 150-200 it looks cool man. im recovering an original aeromaster right now and im doing it because they are classics and still great flyers even by todays standards. If i had 300 bucks it make an offer, only because i love them. its like the chriscraft of vintage RC biplanes. id would look nice on the wall.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CWDoherty

kits go for 150-200 it looks cool man. im recovering an original aeromaster right now and im doing it because they are classics and still great flyers even by todays standards. If i had 300 bucks it make an offer, only because i love them. its like the chriscraft of vintage RC biplanes. id would look nice on the wall.
I just gave one of the GP Aeromasters away a couple months back, it needed no repairs and was in good shape. I gave $50.00 for the kit at auction and felt I over paid. Kits and planes are only worth what the market will bare. The last few years it isn't much.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
buzzard bait

Yeah, planes like this are worth quite a bit as unstarted kits, but not usually as finished planes unless they are in really great shape.

Rejuvenator might be worth a try, but the problem is most likely to be UV degradation, in which case it will still keep puncturing. Then you just fly till you're sick of patching it. The material should be fine with the air loads, it's trying to handle it like egg shells that gets tiresome. I had a 40 year old Goldberg Skylark that I kept going for awhile. I might have re-covered, but oil soaking had done in the fuel tank/firewall area.

Dope is thermoplastic, and will soften with a heat gun. You might be surprised at how easily it comes off that way. If it is not damaged from oil soaking you could re-cover and have a really nice plane.

Jim