Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Double vision charger

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hangar 9 Double vision charger

Old 03-10-2010, 09:24 AM
FalcoNg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Double vision charger

Hello,

I just got this field charger and I am wondering if there is a way to convert it to be used from a wall outlet. I am guessing it will require some sort of 12v power supply, but where would one go to find something like that which hooks up via alligator clips?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Double vision charger

Radio Shack had a 12 volt converter, been some years sense I bought one but I used to run old car radios in my garage and used one. As to the clips you will have to make up your own clip to plug extension, as I recall the converter has the plugs for a normal 110V wall plug.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
crossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Double vision charger

Most bench type power supplys use a binding post type of output. You can attach a battery clip to that. I have put banana plugs on my field charger so that I can plug it into the starter output on a power panel, I also connect it to a power supply that way as well.

here are a couple of options:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL356&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWGU7&P=ML