Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel tank vent

Old 03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
adelia
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel tank vent

Can anyone help? I'm having a problem filling my fuel tanks on my planes with two fuel lines. One is the feed line, the other is the vent line to the muffler. When I try to fill the tank, it only puta about one once of fuel in before it starts flowing out the muffler. If I try to fill it on the other line, it pushes the fuel out of the carb. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel tank vent

Hi,

It sounds like the muffler line is not at the top of the tank. The metal tube inside the tank should be bent upwards to just skim below the inside, top of the fuel tank. If you have done this the tank is probabely upside down[:@].

Cheers,

Colin
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Wonder
My Feedback: (7)

What brand and size tank is it?
Make sure you have the vent on top and not the bottom.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yw67886.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1395673  
Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 AM
jetmech05

I agree the tank maybe in upside down putting the vent at the bottom.....not getting any where near full....but reversing the lines and getting fuel out of the carb line concerns me....if the vent is at the bottom of the tank with the clunk..and your filling through the vent when the vent and clunk are submerged it should be almost impossible to turn the pump.....there is something else going on inside the tank...like the vent is not all the way to the top of tank.....please check this...if it's not all the way to the top then you'll never get a full tank...good luck
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Wonder
My Feedback: (7)

Filling fuel through the vent the pump will run fine if the fill line is not plugged. It will push the fuel out though the carb, just like he said it is doing, regardless of the vent being on top or bottom.

TW