Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Graphics, where to have them made?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Graphics, where to have them made?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graphics, where to have them made?

Hey guys - I want to get a set of graphics made, to be able to put on several planes. Where is the cheapest place to have graphics made for about 20 or so planes?

thanks
Tim
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 AM
dignlivn

Default RE: Graphics, where to have them made?

Check out the buy & sell section under Airplanes
here at RCU. There are several people who advertise
Graphics.

Bob
Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
mclina

I've been getting all my graphics from Gator over at the ProBro site. He does some great work. If you can't find him, PM me for his contact info.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52241.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1397818  
Old 03-14-2010, 03:05 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

What are you looking for? Shoot me a PM
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

I've had good experience with Callie's graphics. Just google it. She has lots of airplane experience.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
dhal22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aviaojet (rcu handle) handled my graphics request when several others could not.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Avaiojet

Aviaojet (rcu handle) handled my graphics request when several others could not.
David,

Thanks David. Yes, I know you had trouble getting lettering, so simple, it surprised me.

Here's the thing. There's tons of guys and gals doing graphics. Some just for the money, and there's nothing wrong with that. Get a PC and your in. Instant graphics guy or girl. It's that simple. Better yet still if you own a Hobby Shop, instant leads, customers and attention. Nothing wrong with that either.

Myself. I've been doing all kinds of graphics for over 40 years. Been modeling airplanes for over 50 years. I won't even mention my general aviation experience.

I was the first graphics guy to offer over 52 different graphics sets, on line for others to copy. And they do! This was over 15 years ago! I was the first to do Brands. I designed the Tru-Turn and Brison sets years ago, and still do custom Brand graphics.

My "masks?" And I have no idea why "masks" are called stencils.? Stencils are something different.

Masks, I make them, understand them and know exactly how they are applied, layered and used. I've been an airbrush artists forever, which is how I know exactly what modelers are doing with paint in relationship to their masks.

Warbirds and the Golden Era? I have tons of books and resources. This way I "get it right." Ask any Gee Bee guy.

When I receive documentation and art, I follow it. Nothing goes out the door unless it's as close as possible, to the art or photos provided. All my scale stuff is accurate.

As a modeler, I participate. I offer help and suggestions wherever I can, and enjoy my time doing that. Because of my active, non model related, sign and graphics business, I can be a modeler first. And I am. I don't lie when I say,

"Model airplane graphics from a model airplane builder."

A lifetime of it.

Charles

Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 AM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet

David,

Thanks David. Yes, I know you had trouble getting lettering, so simple, it surprised me.

Here's the thing. There's tons of guys and gals doing graphics. Some just for the money, and there's nothing wrong with that. Get a PC and your in. Instant graphics guy or girl. It's that simple. Better yet still if you own a Hobby Shop, instant leads, customers and attention. Nothing wrong with that either.

Myself. I've been doing all kinds of graphics for over 40 years. Been modeling airplanes for over 50 years. I won't even mention my general aviation experience.

I was the first graphics guy to offer over 52 different graphics sets, on line for others to copy. And they do! This was over 15 years ago! I was the first to do Brands. I designed the Tru-Turn and Brison sets years ago, and still do custom Brand graphics.

My ''masks?'' And I have no idea why ''masks'' are called stencils.? Stencils are something different.

Masks, I make them, understand them and know exactly how they are applied, layered and used. I've been an airbrush artists forever, which is how I know exactly what modelers are doing with paint in relationship to their masks.

Warbirds and the Golden Era? I have tons of books and resources. This way I ''get it right.'' Ask any Gee Bee guy.

When I receive documentation and art, I follow it. Nothing goes out the door unless it's as close as possible, to the art or photos provided. All my scale stuff is accurate.

As a modeler, I participate. I offer help and suggestions wherever I can, and enjoy my time doing that. Because of my active, non model related, sign and graphics business, I can be a modeler first. And I am. I don't lie when I say,

''Model airplane graphics from a model airplane builder.''

A lifetime of it.

Charles

Do you have a website I could look at?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Avaiojet

Yes, I have a website but unfortunately it's outdated. The phone number, which is not my new number, is also incorrect on the index page. I do have to get around to improving and updating my site and I will do this soon.

Thing is, my website doesn't tell the whole story as to my offerings. I do all graphics with their relationship to model airplaces, but, I actually specialze in Warbirds, Scale and the Golden Era. No place in the website is this information mentioned.

I do however get inquiries that I answer. Best place to see my work is in the RCU "Gallery."

All pages do have a "Contact" link that brings my e-mail address up.

Here's my website:

www.cfcgraphics.com

Thanks for asking,

Charles

Old 06-19-2014, 09:14 AM
mike526mp
My Feedback: (1)

this place has a bunch also

http://aero-stuff.com/

http://aero-stuff.com/aircraft-logo-decals-c-53.html
Old 06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

+1 for Callie graphics. I have had a lot of graphics made in the last 20 years and she has been the easiest to deal with. I send her pics, tell here what size and they arrive. Perfect and extremely reasonable.
[ATTACH]2006934[/IMG][ATTACH]2006937[/IMG][ATTACH]2006938[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JR P-38 003.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	2006932   Click image for larger version

Name:	JR P-38 002.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2006933   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-23 16.30.39.jpg
Views:	4