Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX7, no trim for slave channel

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX7, no trim for slave channel

Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 AM
mooseflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7, no trim for slave channel

So Ihave a split elevator on a super sportster and made it so there's one servo for each half. The gear channel is slaved to the elevator channel. Works perfect, but for some reason when I use the elevator trim, it only works for the one half driven by the elevator channel. Is there any wa to get it to work for both? I've read through the manual and messed with the setting on the radio and can't find anything. I can trim it out using the settings, digitally in the radio to match, but I can't really do that while in flight of course.

I'm about to hook up the aelerons in the same way... aux2 slaved to aelerons, and the same will probably happen there as well.

Any help?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 AM
airbusdrvr

Default RE: DX7, no trim for slave channel

I'm not sure about the DX7 capability for trimming a channel mated to the elevator channel. However, when you set up your dual ailerons(probably using the flaperon function) both ailerons will trim.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Use EPA on the slaved channel to match the elevator channel.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
ChuckW

It's been a while since I sold my DX-7 but I believe you are using the wrong programmable mix. Try it using mix #5 or #6. It think these use the master trim for both channels while #'s 1-4 use separate trims.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stumbled on that same situation a while back with my DX7. If I remember correctly (no courtroom proof and likely details lost) that the slave operation is either closed or open, on or off, no deflection or full deflection.

PS ...

Which Rx are you using? AR6200, AR7000? Here's my thought. AR6200 has the basis 4 channels with additional GEAR &AUX1 while the AR7000 adds AUX2. I'm thinking that the GEAR channel is specifically for use with a LGservo though the manual doesn't give us a hint WHATthe mfg. had in mind with their naming convention. If you need 2 fully synchronized "sets" of channels (dual AILE&dual ELEV) then you need the AR7000. AUX1 (left AILE) could be slaved to master AILE (right AILE)and AUX2 (left ELEV)could be slaved to master ELEV (right ELEV).

Also, check the Servo Monitor function screen when you move the sticks. It has 7 bars, each with its own cursor. The cursor position shows the Tx position. Might help you understand what is being transmitted to the Rx when the stick or switch is moved.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
mooseflier

ChuckW nailed it. I moved them configs from prog 1&2 to 5&6 and it works perfectly! Thanks so much!

One odd thing was this... I have the elevators so that the gear was slaved to the elevator. But when I threw the gear switch on the radio, the 'gear' servo would swing way open, giving me with one elevator half set normal and the other way up. Don't know why the gear switch would still effect that servo if it's slaved to the elevator. To fix this I set the throw setting for the gear channel to 0 for both up and down. It fixed the issue so that if I accidentally hit that gear switch while flying, it won't have any effect. Not sure if that was the best solution, but it seems to work.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 PM
ChuckW

If you are using the gear channel, you will have to disable the switch to avoid exactly what you are describing. If I remember right, this is somewhere in the same menus that you use to program the model name but I could be wrong.

Setting the gear at 0% like you did also gets the job done.