Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Looking for a good gas engine

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for a good gas engine

Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
1/4 Scale
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good gas engine

I have a Fuji Imvac BT-64 that is heavy and hastoo much vibration. I have a 85" Yak and would like a 50-55 cc engine with much less vibration yet good quality. I was thinking about a DLE-55. The price is right and it is much lighter. Wondering also if the OS BGX-3500 would be a good choice. Expensive to fly and not sure if it will hover.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
LargeScale88

Default RE: Looking for a good gas engine

The DLE is a good gas engine. Have one myself. I also have a DesertAircraft 50cc engine. Both have a similiar design, and run great. Whats the plane call for one engine size?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 PM
1/4 Scale

The plane takes a 50-60 CC. It was from Nitro Planes. Would not buy it again. It was cheap and now I know why.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 AM
costarican_pilot

1/4 Scale hi, dont worry i have the nitroplanes sukhoi-26 50cc-60cc and im on the same problem i dont know what engine to use i was thinking on the del 55 but im a 3D flyer so i think i will need a little more power. i found the RCGF 65cc or the 62 the price is not bad $450 but i dont know how the quality it is . also the mt-57 is good but not sure about that one. the zenoah 62 is an awsome engnine but it will be to heavy for the quality of the kit. good luck the build of the plane , yes nitro planes are a little hard to build! any pictures?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far I haven't met a DLE I didn't like. If you can't afford the DA then the DLE is a great choice. And yes, the Nitroplanes CMP is total crap but you can do a few mods and they aren't too bad for the price. Even the higher end ARFs need some help. Howd ya like thos instructions????
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Redback

I have an MT57 in a CMP Edge 540. So far I am very happy with it. 1st start of the day takes a few swings to get the fuel moving, after that it starts very easily. Hauls the 78" span Edge around really well.

Terry
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 AM
1/4 Scale

Yeah, the instructions were for a different plane and they couldn't get me the correct ones. They discontinued the plane. I wonder why. A first time builder couldn't have put the plane together. It did turn out ok though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88324.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1403188  
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1/4 Scale

Yeah, the instructions were for a different plane and they couldn't get me the correct ones. They discontinued the plane. I wonder why. A first time builder couldn't have put the plane together. It did turn out ok though.
I haven't assembled any of there big planes but I have put together a lot of the smaller ones for people. The Chinglish instructions were so funny my wife took them to work for a joke and had everyone read them. So far every 90-120 size plane I have assembled has come out tail heavy, how did yours come out? Any real odd problems with the constructions? What kind of mods did you have to do? Did you have to reglue a lot of stuff? I question this because I have a nice new Brison 40cc gasser without a home and I'm in one of my building burn outs.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM
LunaSea

why do you think you Fuji vibrates so much? Has it ever been crashed? I assume that you have checked mounting solidity, prop balance and pro hub runout. I have a couple of BT-64A's and have not experienced that problem...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 PM
1/4 Scale

I did reglue a lot. There were also some parts not included such as control horns and some screws. This one was nose heavy due to the 5lb plus engine. I just ordered a DLE 55 which is about 1.5 lbs lighter so I will probably need to remove the weight from the tail.
In reply to LunaSea I tried everything. Tech told me this engine will have plenty of vibration. This is the ATM not the electronic ignition. Not sure what yours is but that could make a difference.