Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Buzzing servos

Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
albinowino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing servos

Hello: I am currently building a GP38% extra 330S and have installed Futaba S9156 servos into the elavator and when I have them hooked up they have a buzzing noise when they at neutral. Is this the normal for digital servos?? Thank you in advance. Bruce
Old 03-25-2010, 04:45 PM
The Ghost

Default RE: Buzzing servos

YES, because the weight of the flight surface is loading the servo. You may also have a slight binding of the surface that the servo is still trying to find center, apply a slight pressure to the surface and see if it stops.

Cheers
Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
albinowino

hello: Thank you for the response, yes when i apply light pressure to it. It does stop buzzing. This is my first large scale project and I am just not sure about some things, Thank you again. Bruce
Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
gvf1994

I Have a kinda same question. Although mine servos are not digital they are still making a buzzing noise when I turn my transmitter on. I have a hitec receiver and servos, and using futaba transmitter. Does that could make a difference? My plane is Waco 60 and flight control surfaces moved relatively easy. I checked it manually and didn't notice any binding. I replaced a switch and battery as a precautionary action. At this point any advice will be helpful. Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a problem with buzzing Hitec servos. Hitec suggested loosening the screws on the bottom of the case, just a little. Worked like a charm!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 PM
gvf1994

Thanks will try