Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR PCM9X II & Hitec - Dual Channel Problem

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR PCM9X II & Hitec - Dual Channel Problem

Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 AM
al010964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PCM9X II & Hitec - Dual Channel Problem

Hi All -

I am having a problem setting up the Elevators on a Formula 3D. I am currently using Hitech hS-5645MG servo's, RS77S JR Receiver and PCM9X II Transmitter. I have set up the center and end points using a HFP-20 programmer of both servo's using the elevator and gear channels on the receiver. (this is my first dual channel setup) -

Basic Steps in order as followed:
(a) Inh the gear switch
(b) selected the gear channel to slave off of the elevator
(c) reversed servo in transmitter for left elevator (gear servo channel) note: this is done in the transmitter not through the HFP-20
(c) setup expo and dual rates for elevator
(d) Set centre and end points on each individual servo's using the HFP-20

The issue is that the servo on the elevator channel fall's short of the end points about 10 degrees or so when both servo's are working together, if the setup is disconnected and the servo put into auto or manual test the servo reaches the correct endpoints, as set using the HFP-20.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Adrian
Old 04-04-2010, 05:39 AM
The Ghost

Default RE: JR PCM9X II & Hitec - Dual Channel Problem

You will have to use the endpoint adj in the TX not the servo programer as the TX does not know what end points are set in the servo. I have the newer DSX9 and it has a dual elev setup in it but you still need to adj the end point setups in the TX to get exact movement on both surfaces as each servo is slightly different in the way it reads the input from the RX.

Cheers
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
al010964

Default RE: JR PCM9X II & Hitec - Dual Channel Problem

ahhh. ..... I assumed that it could be done through the programmer without touching the TX endpoints; thanks for the advice

Cheers,
.adrian