Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

transmitter stand

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

transmitter stand

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Sgt Tom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter stand

I have seen alot of transmitters with a chrome stand on the back of the radio. Where would I find one, and will they fit my Futaba 7cap, with out any modification?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: transmitter stand

http://store.rcsupersales.net/servle...anddsh-/Detail

here's one version. I'm sure you can google up others. I believe Horizon sells one as well
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
ppkk

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the use for something like this? I can't imagine one would put the Tx on a table while flying a plane, so what then?
Old 04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
snuts

Handy during original set-up on the hobby bench. To easy, and safe positioning while starting your engine at the field. A lot less chance someone will step on your antenna walking around your pit.
-Snuts-
Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the OP is asking about the legs that attach to the TX handle so the TX is no longer laying flat on the ground. They are very handy for keeping your TX out of the dirt if you fly from places like I do, nasty old lake beds. If I'm correct in that then my LHS stocks them but I think he gets them from Horizon/Hanger-9. If the OP is looking for a TX tray that straps around the neck to hold the TX then I have a state side dealer in those too.Just PM me and I can look it up if you need a tray. The legs and tray fit most any radio.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Gray Beard is right. The main reason is to keep your transmitter out of the grass, mud, dust, dirt, whatever is on the ground where you fly. Any one remember the Futaba Gold series transmitters had these as standard.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
JohnBuckner

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield
Any one remember the Futaba Gold series transmitters had these as standard.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86267.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1413329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52299.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1413330  
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 PM
ppkk

Hmmm... another gadget I'll need to buy!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Gray Beard

They are very handy, snuts pretty much covered all the bases as for the why of them. I still don't have one, a lot of the other guys do, when I am helping them out it is a joy to have the TX right next to you with the controls looking up at you. Just a very handy attachment to have. They cost from 12 to about 15 bucks, sometimes a little more. I have had them in my hand at the LHS a number of times but it's between that or an extra prop or some other needed item so the legs always loose. My bad!!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:13 AM
carrellh

Is the 7C handle all plastic? If so, the diameter may be too big for the stands. Also, the steel or aluminum will wear the plastic and the stand will flop around.

This one costs more, and looks slightly different, than the one Steve linked.
http://www.qualityrcproducts.com/prod_gemstand.html
I didn't compare shipping charges so I do not know the "true cost" of either one.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Sgt Tom

The stand is used to set the radio at an angle to make it easier to see and reach when you are setting your a/c up and getting it ready to fly when on the table. I have checked all the info given by everyone and luck would have it none will fit my radio, because I have the plastic handle built on the radio case. Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

This might suit your needs; http://cgi.ebay.com/Tools-EVA-Transm...item2eabd1721f
Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Sgt Tom

Thanks for the info, but I was looking forone that I could use in combination with a tray. Does anyone know when they started to put the chrome handle on the futata radio's? I have seen the same radio as mine only they had the chrome handle on the back and not the plastic one molded into the case.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Gray Beard

The metal handles have been around for years so it must just be different models that have the plastic. I just got into the in crowd today, I was in my LHS and found a very old plastic stand for Futaba. I gave 4 bucks for it, it really was for older models. It didn't fit my 9-C until I used my moto tool on it. NOw it's a fine working piece of equipment. Some of the TX trays have the legs built in, you may want to do a google.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

There's been several styles made, all very similar.. Horizon Hobby sells the chromey/plastic variety for about $10 or so.. Hopefully you can find the right one for your Tx.. as Futaba put a few different sizes of handle on different Tx's. I have a 9C with the wire handle.. and I have a 6DA with a different size wire handle..

They are handy though, as you never have to lay your Tx on its back.. it does seem to preserve the case greatly.. I've had the stand on my Tx since '02 and the case still looks great.. on all sides.. with the only wear being on the bottom/rear tabs that it rests on with the stand unfolded.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM
carrellh

Futaba has switched back and forth between plastic and wire.
The current 4 through 7 channel models have plastic.
8 and 10 channels have wire.
12 and 14 channel models have wire with a plastic grip.

Is there anything you can attach to your tray to hold the transmitter at a good angle when you put it down?