Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

any info on 1/3 scale tri pacer

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

any info on 1/3 scale tri pacer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
mmasters
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any info on 1/3 scale tri pacer

hope i have this in right forum,if not i appologise in advance.am new to rcu.have a ( think 1/3)scale tri pacer have had for years that appears to be built from plans 117" w.s. 77" length.fuse appears to have been boxed up from 1"foam then framework and sheeting built around it with working doors and door latches.had seen one like this several years ago online and was wandering if anyone could tell me whose plans or kit this was and any other info about them,thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91290.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1416721  
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

Default RE: any info on 1/3 scale tri pacer

wow small world!! you just asked about my 46 size decathlon. im a tripacer fan as well im building one from a ikonwest kit right now!! yours looks to be a hostetler built tripacer? looks very nice, want to trade that?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

Default RE: any info on 1/3 scale tri pacer

check out
http://store.laser-design-services.c...products_id=69
dont know about the plans
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM
BUGGS50
My Feedback: (1)

Hi mmasters, I know this is a old thread but I think I am now the owner of the airplane in the picture or I have one exactly like it. Did you sell it to a guy in Iowa? And now I'm trying to find out information on this plane. I did find out it is not a Hostetler or at least the cowling won't fit. I bought this with the idea of scaling it out but the front is all wrong. (cowling, nose wheel) It has 2 front doors that's not right either but I still plan on fixing it up and flying it. Did you ever find anything out about this plane?

Bill
Old 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM
mmasters
My Feedback: (6)

hi Bill,I never found much info on it,just gave in and put her in the air a few times,if its the one I had the cowling was a scratch build I did or the gentleman that got it from me had intended on building a scale cowling.when I let it go it went to Arkansas,then from there I lost track of it because I began looking to get it back.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 PM
BUGGS50

Hi mmasters, Thanks for the reply, I did get ahold of the guy I bought it from and he is certain that the plane in the picture is the plane I have, He thinks he bought it from a guy in Arkansas. This guy flew it the last 2 or 3 years and it flew great. After seeing it I wanted one but could never find one until he sold me his. Looking to have some fun with it this summer.

Bill
Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BUGGS50
.) It has 2 front doors that's not right either Did you ever find anything out about this plane?

Bill
Hey guys, I believe the airplane you have (had) is not a TriPacer at all or at least not modeled after one. Instead What your airplane most likely was intended to be is a Piper PA-22-108 Colt. The dead give away was when you said it had two front doors. The Pacers and TriPacers were always only a right front door and a left rear door both shoe horned four people aboard. The last of the short wing pipers (the high wing ships that is) was the Colts and they used essentially the same airframe as the four seaters but the Colt was a two seater with only two front doors and used a smaller engine 108 hp Lyc. with a smaller and slightly more modern cowl.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 03-24-2017 at 04:20 AM.