Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

radio setups

Old 04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
jmccartney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio setups

hi guy just had a few questions about radio setups is atv the same as epa on a radio and also is it best to have epa as high as possible then have your linkages farthest out on the control horn and closest in on the servo arm
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Charlie P.

Default RE: radio setups

Sort of. "ATV" is adjustable travel volume and "EPA" is end point adjustment. The first refers to the total arc of travel and the second refers to the adgustment of where the travel stops. You get more throw with a longer servo arm but more leverage with a longer control horn at the control surface. Best adjustment (IMHO) is to maximize the servo throw and adjust the control horn to suit. That gives you more sensitivity.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Travel Adjust, End Point Adjust, and Adjustable Travel Volume are all pretty much the same thing.

There's some distinction between EPA and ATV on the very high end radios where mixing ratios are concerned but for the most part they are different ways of saying the same thing.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
jmccartney

thanks for the input guys