Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ultra Stick 40 Aileron & Flap Setup?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ultra Stick 40 Aileron & Flap Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
shaggy0072
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Stick 40 Aileron & Flap Setup?

Ihave a Futaba 7C 2.4. I have an Ultra Stick 40. My question is, how do I need to hook up each servo to my receiver in order to have full control over 4 control surfaces? Also transmitter configuration? I checked out Futaba's website for an answer. I found somewhat of an answer in the FAQ, but it didn't work. I don't know if I have limitations with my radio, or what. Help!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM
spadeng

Default RE: Ultra Stick 40 Aileron & Flap Setup?

I am not going to be that much help, but I have an Ultra Stick 40 and it is a blast to fly, it flies slow and easy and is fun to do touch and gos- or you can speed it up and do almost any aerobatics you can think ofreally nice plane. I have mine set up on a Hitec Eclipse 7- I googled and found the guide somewhere, i also have a Jr 7202 i just got off of ebay and there are programming guides for that also. But I have had so much fun with my 40 size that I just got a mini and would like to get a 60 with a gas engine...Like I said i am not too much help but enjoy your plane...once you get it set up
Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
bubba153

Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
shaggy0072

Hey thanks for the helpgul reply!! Imessed around a bit yesterday, and found that Ican control the "crow" feature: full flaps, plus ailerons up, also with differential ailerons. Unfortunately I can't have full length ailerons. Ican live with that. I'm glad you sent me the links to the direct futaba information, I didn't realize that it was on here.

Again Many thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
shaggy0072

that would be "helpful."

Old 05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
bubba153

I don't think you will especially miss the full-span ailerons.  It will roll quite quickly with just the partial ailerons, depending on your throw settings.  It would be a shame to miss out on Crowe, since that's an Ultra Stick trademark. It's a shame that the 7C doesn't have more mixes available, or a glider mode like the 9C which makes setting up a 4-servo wing much easier.  You might consider using a reversing y-connector on the flaps, allowing the flaps to work off a single channel.  I think that might free up a mix or two for other purposes, and might also allow you to dial in varying amounts of flap rather than being stuck with all or nothing.