Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Just curious....which of the "Big Boy" 2-strokes is king?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Just curious....which of the "Big Boy" 2-strokes is king?

Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious....which of the "Big Boy" 2-strokes is king?

I've often looked at the big 2-stroke glow engines, (1.60 and bigger) and wondered which is the bad boy of the bunch? What do you guys think?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
eagledancer

Default RE: Just curious....which of the

moki 2.10
Old 05-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: ScottMcM

I've often looked at the big 2-stroke glow engines, (1.60 and bigger) and wondered which is the bad boy of the bunch? What do you guys think?
The Moki is a hot rod and as for the big two strokes it's a cheap one to operate. {{Kinda Sorta}} they like there FAI fuel and it's cheaper to mix your own. They still like to drink though. Bigger isn't always badder though. I have used the Super Tigers and they really aren't all that hot, just like to drink. After 1.20 four strokes you will find most people going over to gas. Cheaper to buy and cheaper to operate. This is just one of those topics that would be hard to answer. I do like the YS 1.40s, mater of fact I just like YS but I still go gas in the bigger engines.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Moki 2.10. it used to pull my 16 lb extra 300 straight up with authority. prime, add heat, backflip and it's running. best sounding 2 stroke there is too.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 AM
ScottMcM

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: ScottMcM

The Moki is a hot rod and as for the big two strokes it's a cheap one to operate. {{Kinda Sorta}} they like there FAI fuel and it's cheaper to mix your own. They still like to drink though. Bigger isn't always badder though. I have used the Super Tigers and they really aren't all that hot, just like to drink. After 1.20 four strokes you will find most people going over to gas. Cheaper to buy and cheaper to operate. This is just one of those topics that would be hard to answer. I do like the YS 1.40s, mater of fact I just like YS but I still go gas in the bigger engines.
The biggest I've got is the Moki 1.80. All of my bigger stuff is gas. I'm very impressed with the way the 1.80 performs.(That's kinda why I posted this question) It was on a Cap 232 that I recently purchased. The first time I started it, I put my finger over the carb, flipped it over a few times, hooked up the igniter, and it started on the first flip! .....and they're not that expensive either!(Shhhh, don't tell anyone ) Now I've got to find a deal on a Moki 2.10
Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
ScottMcM

Again, just curious, but who else makes/made a big single cylinder 2-stroke? The biggest Moki is the 2.10? Biggest OS is the BGX-1? and the biggest Super Tigre is the g-4500. Is there any more "big iron" out there?