Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Any one knows of a good 2.4 Spectrum Analyzer Program for the PC?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Nitro-Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one knows of a good 2.4 Spectrum Analyzer Program for the PC?

I am seeing more and more on this subject and I want to take the "Extra Effort" when I fly my giant scale planes using my Spektrum / JR 2.4Ghz Radios to make sure the initial channel selection at boot up is nice and far apart.

Extra work? Yes for sure. Is it a big deal? Not for me.....I have extra laptops, a small netbook, etc.....

So I am looking for a Spectrum Analyzer that does not cost an arm and a leg (hopefully) and would work on a small net book, since the only affordable handheld 2.4 analyzers have a crap display and would be fine for at home evaluation.....but at the field with all the frequency hopping, 20 other pilots in the pits turning on, etc...it would be hard to see. I need a good water fall display on a laptop to do the trick.

In case you are wondering what the heck is he talking about....look at these pics...[:-]

It seems when you "Boot up" a JR or Spektrum Tx , is looks at the band, and randomly selects 2 ch's to work on....problem is some times that can be VERY close together....some folks think this MAY be contributing to some pilots reporting "Total Lockout" when they say the had a good setup, batteries etc...

So I just want to monitor this and see that I get good channel separation before I take off in an expensive plane....just makes sense.

Is it too "Detailed Oriented"? Maybe......am I a person with "obsessive compulsive disorder"? Of course! I am an aero-modeler
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85812.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1455849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27002.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1455850