Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Chinese Super Tigre reports

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Chinese Super Tigre reports

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
exnordel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Super Tigre reports

Would like to hear some real world reports from people who are using the Chinese Super Tigre's.

Vince
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chinese Super Tigre reports

I recommend them to my students when they move up to the next plane after soloing. I help them set them up and they fly them. I have the italian .75 and .90. I see no difference between the italian and chinese versions.
Edwin
Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had good results when I put a ringed .51 on my Kangke SK-50. Took a bit of tweaking as the needle setting seemed more critical than on a TT or OS. Flew it for about two years until a high speed limbo followed by a not quite eye level not quite half roll turned into a long, skidding disintegration. Tore the muffler off and the cast lugs on the cylinder casting along with it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24667.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1466045  
Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: exnordel

Would like to hear some real world reports from people who are using the Chinese Super Tigre's.

Vince

They really run well. User friendly and easy to tune. Plenty of power. I just wish they'd replace that butt-ugly hunk of metal hanging off the side of their engine with something more asthetically pleasing.

Brian
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I am using a G2300 glow on a 30% plans built BD8. 13.5 pounds and it pulls the plane with plenty of extra power.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:28 AM
WCB

I am running one on an air boat and one on a buggy. Great running little engines.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Phoenixangel

I own and run 4 of them, two .45, a G.75, and a G.90. I love them, the .75 did need the spraybar turned a tad right out of the box. It was not pointed perfectly into the throat of the carb. That so far is the only issue I have had with any of them. They are powerful, a little heavier then some others but well worth the money.

The ringed engines run really nice on lower nitro fuels as well. 5% is great using the fox standard long plug without idle bar.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 AM
exnordel

Thanks a bunch for the positive input guys. I am a Super Tigre fan from way back and I was saddened to see them sell out to the Chinese. I love Super Tigre carbs and have become quite adept at tuning them. I do not own any Chinese ST's currently but am considering the purchase of a .60. I am confident in the machining capabilities of the firm that bought them out, but I do have concerns about their metallurgy.

Vince
Old 07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

lost most compression on a .60 ( brand new) after 3 flights with plenty of Lube and correct mix. Was replaced by vendor with new Motor.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
kenlowe
My Feedback: (8)

I've got a G75 that produces average power and is pretty much impossible to kill litterally. You can't stop it by completely closing the carb barrel. Cover the carb with your finger and the thing still continues to run. The only way to stop it is to grab the spinner something a bit less than desirable. It was replaced once under warranty for this problem, but the replacement does exactly the same thing. On the bright side, never a dead stick with this engine!

Ken
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 AM
guille2006

I had a italian 61 a run great; Now I have a 90 and runs very well but being bigger gives only 500 rpm more than the 61 with the same propeller. Both are very trustable and never forced me to land gliding...