Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

carl goldberg epoxy

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

carl goldberg epoxy

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM
jcpenney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carl goldberg epoxy

many years ago when i use to build more i used carl goldberg epoxy. it was just great stuff. it dried with a white color and was hard as a rock. does anyone know if this is still made maybe by someone else as they have destroyed the old company as we knew it. it was light yellow or tan for one part and white for the other part and came in tubes. hope its still around somewhere.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: carl goldberg epoxy

I have not seen anything like that in years.... Dave
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
jcpenney

YES IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS ALAS LIKE ALL GOOD THINGS CARL GOLDBERG IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS GONE FOR GOOD. I WAS JUST HOPING SOMEONE MIGHT KNOW WHO MADE IT FOR THEM AND THAT IT MIGHT BE FOR SALE UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT
Old 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I have some epoxy that I got "free" with a bunch of props I bought from someone on Ebay. I like it. It is two equal parts, resin and hardener, and dries pure white and stays pretty flexible. The props have no name (no blame) on them, but I don't remember what the epoxy tubes say, if anything. I will check when I go out to the shop later tonight to check things and lock up. If there is any brand or company name on the tubes, I will post such.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Well, jcpenny, you were right on. I found it and it has the Carl Goldberg logo on it just as big as life. I had not noticed that before. It is eight minute stuff, so it is kind of limited in its' application, but it works well in the proper places. There is no manufacturer's name or logo other than the Carl Goldberg logo, so it would be difficult to find a source for it once these are gone. The guy I bought the props from included four no name gas tanks and two packages of this epoxy with the order. I had no idea he was going to do that. I thought I had only bought the props. These two tubes have never been opened. They still have the metal seal at the top and are very pliable. They will probably still be good.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28522.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1471564