Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Andrews Aeromaster CG???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Andrews Aeromaster CG???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
peterpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews Aeromaster CG???

I have recently purchased an Andrews Aeromaster(Bipe). It is in great shape. I need to find the CG on this airplane..can anyone help?
Pete (Chicago) ..email: [email protected]
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Lnewqban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Andrews Aeromaster CG???

Hi Pete,

You could check these reviews and send a PM or e-mail to the reviewers:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=1705

There is also this long thread about the model:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1682351
Old 07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My third Andrews Aeromaster is working its way through my shop right now. The plans show the CG at 5" behind the leading edge of the top wing.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe there were three basic wing plan forms for this plane, one with both wings straight, one with the upper wing swept back and one with both wings swept back. I have built and flown seven of these, at least one of each in each configuration and the CG had to be varied a bit for each plan form. It has been awhile and my memory may be off but I thing I always started flight tests with the CG at about the leading edge of the lower wing then changed it to whatever made it fly like I wanted it to. What I found out was extremely important though was to ALWAYS have the upper wing set at about 1.5 degrees less angle of attack than the lower wing. Minor changes to that made a tremendous difference in how well the plan flew. Of course all required about 1.5 to 3 degrees down thrust and about 3 degrees right thrust, again, experiment a bit on that as it will also change the way it flys and will vary with the size of the engine used.