Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spray system for a crop duster

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spray system for a crop duster

Old 04-07-2002, 09:19 PM
low-n-slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray system for a crop duster

Does anyone know where I could get a spray system for my crop duster. I would prefer it to spray out of spray booms because my plane is very realistic. If any one can help let me know please.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:54 PM
seafury_fb11

You wouldn't happen to be a personal friend of Osama Bin Laden would you.

Russ.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:34 AM
low-n-slow

very funny, can you help me or not
Old 04-11-2002, 12:12 PM
StickZ

No!

I've known a member at my club to make some fake sprayers, but none that really worked.

Sorry mate.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

I built one -spent about i think $130 to build it . when I tried it on the ground all it did was drip and it had spray nozels on it, tried it in the air hoping for diffrent results and got dissapointed. all it did is water my plane. advice--dont waste your time--build a static one.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:25 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I seem to recall reading in a magazine somewhere about a fellow using flour or talcum power. Looked very realistic. I don't think is was pressurized system. The power probably just got sucked out into the airstream quite nicely.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

that guy used the system that had a box with a trap door,open the door and the powder fell in to a air tunnel built under the plane to help spread the powder. I had a freind-ex crop duster- draw a picture of it and how it worked.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you could adapt a smoke system for crop dusting. Get a smoke pump and a tank- set it up and run the lines out to the nozzles.

I'll bet it could be done. I have a cropduster and have always wanted to "water the grass" at the field. I just haven't had the ambition to take on the project.

Have fun with it and good luck.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:16 AM
wmueller10
My Feedback: (22)

Yes low-n-slow their is a system that I've been selling for years now on eBay,,,smoke goes thru the spraybars and uses a on -off valve,,,this system can be adapted to your plane,,,I adapted it to a Kyosho Stearman looked great in the air,,,

Please go to eBays' Item# 3118588610 for more info,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	49214_25779.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	5540  
Old 01-25-2003, 02:42 AM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Default Hey Low-N-Slow, how you doing

I have been thinking about a building a scale air tractor. Some good friends of mine do this for a living and there is something about and air tractor that has always interested me.

I found a link to a pretty cool site dedicated to this. These guys also might be able to help you out.

http://spray-plane.tripod.com/
Old 06-20-2022, 07:12 AM
Jellis88

I spent hundreds on research and development to get a seagull c188 to spray. Using the pump from a hand crank fuel pump and a brushless motor I could get one wing to spray decently, 2 wings dripped. Recently I came across a hangar 9 piper pawnee in the box still, just got it together and Iíll be building the same system for it. I think itíll work better, smaller wingspan and smaller diameter tubing. Pressure building is the hardest part. Unfortunately the real planes concept is harder to adapt into rc version since turbo systems for rc arenít something you come across and they arenít efficient, especially when they wonít be spinning a million rpmís on a prop drive. Once I get the system started on the pawnee (since the c188 is no longer alive) Iíll make a thread and start feeding project progress into it. Maybe more heads on the idea will help. Iím not a fluid dynamics genius but Iím pretty sure I can figure this out.