Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Starting inverted Moki 2.10

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Starting inverted Moki 2.10

Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Dash7ATP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting inverted Moki 2.10

I have just finished my Yellow Aircraft P-47 and need some advice. I am using a Moki 2.10 and it is mounted in the cowl inverted with an onboard glow system. If you have a Moki you know they are very easy to hand start in the upright or side mounted postion. You just have to give them a little prime and a backflip usually has it running within a few flips. The problem with the inverted mounting or course, is the fuel just runs out of the carb, Itried to squirt a little into the intake with a smallsiringe but then it just runs into the inverted piston. I was finally able to start it with a borrowed two handed heavy duty starter, as this would turn it fast enough for the fuel to be sucked into the carb. These are pretty expensive (nearly $200.00), so I'm looking for someone with some experiecnce with this engine mounted inverted.

Due to the size and weight of my model, turning it upside down for the start with that big engine is not an option.

Thanks,

Dash
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28974.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	1479168  
Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting inverted Moki 2.10

I use a Sullivan Dynatron ( $99 ) on 18 to 24 volts (Gel cells) with a large diameter cup. Sometimes you have to turn it for a few seconds (maybe 10 or so) until it draws fuel and away it goes. I have been using Moki's for a long time and this is the best solution I have found.