Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Paypal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 05:19 AM
David Smith
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal?

Where can I buy an OS 52 4 stroke and pay by Pay Pal? Very few shops accept it and they rarely come up used. I have funds in my paypal account and need to use them!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:35 AM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Default Paypal?

Well if you have a PayPal account, did you apply for they're Debit Card? If you have the debit card you can use it like a Credit Card as well as long as you don't go over the limit that is in your account. All your local shops should accept the card if they acccept credit cards. I have used mine for years that way.

Hope this helps
Old 07-26-2003, 11:06 AM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Thanks, that helps a lot, I'll look into it straight away. Not much chance of any 'local' shops accepting it though, as I live in Finland!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:13 AM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Rats! I've just checked and it seems the debit card is not available outside the USA. I have almost 600$ locked away and can't use it!
Old 07-26-2003, 02:28 PM
linclogs

Default Paypal?

I've been buying and selling on eBay for several years but I've never used PayPal (or any other "payment service") due to bad reports I heard about them in the past from other sellers. Maybe they cleaned up their act since then but I always just preferred to handle the finances WITHOUT a third party involved.

I know this sounds like a stupid question but can't you have PayPal pay YOU? Assuming there is no way to just tell them to close your account and send you the money, why not just make yourself "the creditor" (for the "almost $600") and have them pay you? Again, I've never used it so maybe don't understand the whole concept but if the service is there for you to make payments to creditors, I don't see why you couldn't do it that way. If they won't do it that way, set up a dummy sale with a relative or close friend and have them pay them.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:13 PM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Well, I COULD get the money sent to second account or to a friend, but then it is still in Paypal! The money is there and can be used for purchases, but I am currently restricted as I can use only stores or individuals that accept paypal.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Paypal?

Tower Hobbies allows you to pre-pay orders. Pay Pal allows you to send checks to people who do not have Pay Pal accounts. I would find out if PayPal will send a check in US funds to Tower, and then I would find out how Tower accepts pre-paid orders.

There is a way!
Old 07-26-2003, 06:58 PM
shenion

Default Paypal?

Originally posted by David Smith
Well, I COULD get the money sent to second account or to a friend, but then it is still in Paypal! The money is there and can be used for purchases, but I am currently restricted as I can use only stores or individuals that accept paypal.
Just add your checking account to your PayPal account. Then you can transfer money to it for free.

Another option is for them to send you a check.

In your account look at the "Withdraw" options.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:33 PM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Thanks for the advice, but as an international customer, I get hit by charges for these services, hence my original question about shops that accept paypal. I have found Nitro Hobbies, but that is all, so far. Surely there must be more?
Old 07-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Geistware

Default Paypal?

Since paypal is in the USA and tower is the USA the only chargers you should incur is shipping.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:25 AM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Do Tower accept Paypal? If I buy from outside the EU, I pay not only shipping, but also 4% duty on the goods & shipping, PLUS a further 22% tax on the total of the goods, shipping & duty! It can still work out less than the cost here, though, as prices are astronomical in Scandinavia.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Geistware

Default Paypal?

No, Tower does not take pay pal but you can send a check to anyone in the USA by mail (free) and tower will allow you to pre-pay an order by check.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:09 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Paypal?

Does it cost you extra to have it sent to you by a person in the US or a company? I have used paypal for years and they are pretty easy to deal with. They will send a check to cover your order as stated above, or could you have someone here buy it and send it to you or have Tower send it to you? I don't know what it would take to send it to you or have them do it but you could have someone here order it for you and paypal them?
Old 07-29-2003, 10:10 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Re: Paypal?

Originally posted by David Smith
Where can I buy an OS 52 4 stroke and pay by Pay Pal? Very few shops accept it and they rarely come up used. I have funds in my paypal account and need to use them!
Creek Hobbies leaps to mind.

http://www.creekhobbies.com

I've bought from them several times. Paid via PayPal each time. Send an email to [email protected].

They sell O.S. engines. Their pricing on the FS-52 isn't as good as Tower's ($199 vs. $189), but...
Old 07-30-2003, 03:33 AM
David Smith

Default Paypal?

Thanks for the link. I am currently looking at a couple of them on E Bay, so I may not need to pay retail yet.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:42 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Paypal?

One more. RC Airworld - http://www.rcairworld.com

They also take PayPal and sell OS engines. You'll have to email them for pricing.