Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

retirement time

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

retirement time

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 AM
abaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: retirement time

Well, I guess Ill think about it a little more. I just kinda figured that they neede to be replaced after so long just like the batts. Other than what recently occured, Ive had no problems. So I guess Ill try replacing the batt first. Can you get a lipo made for the radios that you dont have to modify or is that just improvising a rx batt?(as in a previous post)
Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You shouldn't really have to Modify the Tx. Radio packs have two basic configurations Flat and Square, I think those old TXs took a Flat pack, just about all had a way to unplug the pack

Open the back and if it Flat 8 AA cells side by side you need this type if you want to go with a lipo, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...er_Lipoly_Pack

If it square 4x2 end to end, the ones posted earlier will work

good luck

p.s.
you can get replacement Nicd or Nimh pack too and can use you current charger,,
Actually you can get 2700 Mah Nimh packs
Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM
abaser

cool. Thanx alot. Youve been more help than you know
Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If you're thinking of upgrading your radio you might consider one with a module in it. That lets you use the cheap 72mhz recievers with a 72 module and then plug in a 2.4 when you are ready and change over without having to reprogram anything.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

I have two Futaba 9C's. At first I was using a synthesized module where I could select any 72MHz frequency and alternating that with a 2.4GHz module. This allowed me to access all my aircraft with one radio. It soon got to be a pain in the butt so I bought a second 9C used (or is that previously-owned?) to operate exclusively on 72MHz.

Right now it's a buyer's market for 72MHz radios due to the popularity of 2.4GHz radios. One should be able to get a spare Tx like I did for a very reasonable price.

Bob
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
abaser

ORIGINAL: retransit

I have two Futaba 9C's. At first I was using a synthesized module where I could select any 72MHz frequency and alternating that with a 2.4GHz module. This allowed me to access all my aircraft with one radio. It soon got to be a pain in the butt so I bought a second 9C used (or is that previously-owned?) to operate exclusively on 72MHz.

Right now it's a buyer's market for 72MHz radios due to the popularity of 2.4GHz radios. One should be able to get a spare Tx like I did for a very reasonable price.

Bob

Sounds like a plan to me. So far I havnt had any problems with my 72 but I hear of it happening all the time. Always made me nervous in a way but just never once I got in the air, I never gave it another thought. I will look into the module tx's before I make a decision. Thanx guys.