RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   EFlite Electric Retracts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/10031785-eflite-electric-retracts.html)

PDuck 09-27-2010 06:51 PM

EFlite Electric Retracts

I am looking at building a .60 size warbird with retracts. Has anyone use the Eflite electrics? If so how would you compare them with the air retracts.

Pduck

da Rock 09-27-2010 08:30 PM

RE: EFlite Electric Retracts

I'd compare EFlite's and Lado's with air retracts, like I'd compare PNPs to ARFs.

I just got a TF P40 ARF and they have a section on installing air retracts. Jeez, what a mess. Last big/war bird flyin I went to, at least 3 guys brought big warbirds with air in them. How do I know? 'Cause they all had problems with the air and were helping each other troubleshoot their systems. And it wasn't pretty.

I'm putting LADOs in the Warhawk. Ooops, make that: I've put LADOs in already. Drill 4 holes for each, screw them in, plug in the connector, done.

EFlites are in a buddy's Blue Nose P51. They look good. A touch more work, but they look really good too. Plug them in and they are as troublefree as could be.

tailskid 09-27-2010 08:57 PM

I just put a set in Seagull's AT-6 and have yet to fly it.....draws ZERO amps at idle! Take about 2-3 seconds to cycle - cool.....

ChuckW 09-27-2010 10:02 PM

I haven't used the ones from E-Flite but I have a set of Lados. Let's just say that I will never use mechanical or air retracts again unless I have no other choice.

plasticjoe 09-28-2010 08:17 PM

are you using those in your ultra sport ?

ChuckW 09-28-2010 09:30 PM

Nope, Ultrasport is still in the box. That's the reason for the "*". They would work good though.

I have them in a Top-Flite P-47.

PDuck 09-29-2010 08:36 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Electric it is. Now I have to decide on a P-51 or P-47. Leaning towards the Mustang.
Again thanks.

PDuck

bluetomcat 11-01-2010 05:44 PM

hi guys

I have just bought the EFlite 60 electric retracts for mu Top Filte mustang build. Do you know if I can use Robart Struts with them? And what diamiter would I need to get?

Cheers
Christian

da Rock 11-01-2010 08:03 PM

Robart struts are connected to retract mechanisms by a deceptively simple means. A short piece of wire the same size as the original wire struts sticks into the Robarts and sticks into the retract.

The Robarts come with two different bushings to match whichever size wire was originally used by the retracts. OK, that is, if the original wire struts were either 5/32" or 3/16", that is.

bluetomcat 11-02-2010 03:01 PM

Hi mate
I just measured before reading in the instructions that the wire strut provided with the retracts is 5mm in diameter. Do you think the 3/16th strut fittings will fit this measurement?
kind regards
Christian