RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Sbach 30cc All Brands (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/10033997-sbach-30cc-all-brands.html)

RoyR 09-28-2010 06:51 PM

Sbach 30cc All Brands

I hope this question is in the right forum. if not, let me know.

I have decided to try Gas for the first time, and I have settled on using a DLE 30.
Through further research on the internet I have come up with the new Sbach model. Sounds good so far? Well, rather than stopping while I was ahead I continued to research and have found three companies that sell the Sbach, and I don't know anything about any of them.
They are: Wild Hare, Peak Model, and Redwing. Each sells a 73" Sbach and has a combo available with the DLE 30.
Putting price aside, does anyone have any experience with these companies with this or a similar size aircraft?
I'm concerned about quality, and customer service.

Thanks
Roy

Gray Beard 09-28-2010 07:15 PM

RE: Sbach 30cc All Brands

Wild Hare is a yes. Size for size and price for price I found there Extra, {the only model of plane of theres I have assembled and flown} to be one of the top of the ARFs, very good quality. I have assembled them with after market and there own hardware. There hardware was pretty much everything I bought and used, I saved some money with my own but if you get there package you save a lot of time and traveling. I know nothing of the other two you mentioned but the people at WH are great to work with too. The DLEs are top notch too!!

Zippi 09-28-2010 07:38 PM

RoyR,

Valleyview RC sells the SlipStream Sbach 342 which is what some others are selling but at a higher price. Peak Models also sells the 300 series with is the single setter version.

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/Gas%20an...0Airplanes.htm

ChuckW 09-28-2010 09:27 PM

Pilot RC has one as well

http://chiefaircraft.com

Chief has the Slipstream too.

There is a thread on the Redwing version in the ARF forum. Looks really good.

I am also thinking about getting a Sbach in this size range. I just like the way they look.

RoyR 09-29-2010 09:13 AM

Thanks Guys Now I have to choose between 5 vendors instead of 3.

Just joking, but I am wondering if some of the airplanes from the different distributors are from the same manufacturer. Wild Hare said they take some of the models and add their own hardware instead of what the manufacturer supplied. (and the manufacturer name isn't mentioned) Many do have the same color scheme.

Anyway, I am leaning toward Wild Hare, simply because they offer the combo that includes everything except the radio to get you started. Having never flown gas before I would like the first plane to have everything I need to just get in the air without having to delay flying to order something I forgot the first time. Then for the next plane I can pick and choose if I didn't like the brands they supplied.
I still have a couple of months before I can buy. I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

Roy

Gray Beard 09-29-2010 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: RoyR

Thanks Guys Now I have to choose between 5 vendors instead of 3.

Just joking, but I am wondering if some of the airplanes from the different distributors are from the same manufacturer. Wild Hare said they take some of the models and add their own hardware instead of what the manufacturer supplied. (and the manufacturer name isn't mentioned) Many do have the same color scheme.

Anyway, I am leaning toward Wild Hare, simply because they offer the combo that includes everything except the radio to get you started. Having never flown gas before I would like the first plane to have everything I need to just get in the air without having to delay flying to order something I forgot the first time. Then for the next plane I can pick and choose if I didn't like the brands they supplied.
I still have a couple of months before I can buy. I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

Roy
Arfs are often a mystery and I have found the same plane sold through different distributors, I'm thnking it is only because most ARFs I have assembled were the lower end products from CMP or Nitroplanes. I have been told a few different stories about who really makes the planes. If you go into the ARF forum you may be able to get some informed answers from people that can name names. The reason I have assembled several of the WH Extra 300s is because at one point they had a special on them, I think it was a $300.00 plane at the time. Back then you saw a lot of them in IMAC events. Been a few years sense I have put one together for anyone though.

fly24-7 04-05-2011 08:49 AM

Just picked-up a Slipstream 30cc and DLE30 combo at the Toledo show from Ohio Model Products. Got the combo for $525. Once flying, I'll report back.

scooterinvegas 04-05-2011 10:43 AM

Look at the controll horns and carbon hardware on the Pilot RC. Nice kit.

jetmech05 04-05-2011 04:33 PM

Since I live in Jacksonville I drove to Deland and picked up from Chief Aircraft a Pilot Yak.....Nice folks good customer service, I wouldn't think twice about ordering from them....and Pilot has Sbach's While I was there I saw a 50%er.....

BarracudaHockey 04-06-2011 04:51 AM

Which Yak, the 30cc?

Get the Pilot SBach, I have its big brother, the 50cc, hard to find any flaws with that plane, about the only two gripes I have are the tail wheel and the graphics and both were easy fixes.

jetmech05 04-06-2011 07:49 AM

naw the 50CC with a Red Lion 58 cc engine