RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Futaba servos and JR Tx / Rx (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/10939009-futaba-servos-jr-tx-rx.html)

Sukhoi_Madness 02-01-2012 02:41 PM

Futaba servos and JR Tx / Rx

Am upgrading radio gear to (most probably) a JR 11x.

I've only ever used FM / Futaba gear, yeah I know loads of people have been on 2.4 for years already but if it isn't broken, why fix it... so to speak.

I just wanted to confirm that by going to JR gear all my Futaba servos would still work with the new Rx / Tx?

While we're on the subject if anyone has anything good / bad to say about the 11x I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks!

RCKen 02-01-2012 02:48 PM

RE: Futaba servos and JR Tx / Rx

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-family: Arial; ">Yes, the Futaba servos will work. the only thing is that you will need to shave off the small tab on the plug of the Futaba Servos. Once you do that they will work just fine.</span><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; font-family: Arial; "><div></div><div>Ken</div></div>

Stick 40 02-01-2012 03:10 PM

yup, I have a lot of old futaba servos and am using them with my JR 2.4 . They work fine.

I found that a small pair of side cutters work on removing the little tabs on the futaba plugins. My pair have a jaw depth of about 1/4 in. You still might have to shave off a little with a no. 11 blade and put on champers ( little 45 degree corners ) on the one side to work with JR RX units.

If you look at the JR servo plugs you will see what I mean.

zbo2 02-01-2012 05:29 PM

so ken looking at that diagram....if i wanted to use hitec servos on my futaba system i would just push the pins out and then install them in my j connectors or does someone make an adapter. if no adapter is available i would loose the ends to some servos? or can i buy the futaba j wires made up and solder them to the hitec servos....kinda new to the other brand servos and don't remember anyone talking about how to adapt them over. thanks

acdii 02-01-2012 06:06 PM

Here you go, replacement connectors.

badbradgraphics.com/images/servo_connectors_2.jpg

big max 1935 02-01-2012 07:11 PM

Hitec & JR servos will just plug into Futaba receivers BUT not the other way around. No change needed. Max H.

JohnBuckner 02-01-2012 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: zbo2

so ken looking at that diagram....if i wanted to use hitec servos on my futaba system i would just push the pins out and then install them in my j connectors or does someone make an adapter. if no adapter is available i would loose the ends to some servos? or can i buy the futaba j wires made up and solder them to the hitec servos....kinda new to the other brand servos and don't remember anyone talking about how to adapt them over. thanks

No You do not need adapters or a plug replacement. All Hitec servos that use the modern Hitec (S) plug will fit all Futaba J switchs, Receivers and extensions without modification of any kind. The only differance is now the plug can be plugged in backward. This will not hurt anything only it just will not function. Simply turn the plug around and you are good to go.

John

zbo2 02-02-2012 09:58 AM

thanks.....

Jetdesign 02-02-2012 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Sukhoi_Madness

Am upgrading radio gear to (most probably) a JR 11x.

Nice choice of radios, by the way...

Oberst 02-02-2012 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

<span style=''font-family: Arial; ''>Yes, the Futaba servos will work. the only thing is that you will need to shave off the small tab on the plug of the Futaba Servos. Once you do that they will work just fine.</span><div style=''margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; font-family: Arial; ''><div> </div><div>Ken</div></div>

+1 That's what I do, haven't had a problem with it yet. 5 Star!

Pete